You can type here any text you want

Finally got the body bushings changed out..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

deputydawg

....6 hours later and they are in. Apparently, my car had all 6 positions of bushings in place- only missing the GNX position #5 ones. I was under the impression certain bushings were left out by the factory- maybe the previous owner put them in ...The #4 ones came out in pieces and the rest of the bushings were in pretty bad shape. With the new poly bushings, the car is sitting a little taller (the old ones were do crushed down). While I was under the car filling my eyeballs with old dirt and rust I figured what the heck and installed the front braces. As I mentioned in other threads, the body was not sitting straight on the body and it made the rearend appear to not be centered under the car. With a little adjusting (about 1/2" toward the driver's side in the rear) the body is positioned correct on the body and the rear end looks more centered.:D

After finally making some progress....I am fired up and ready to tackle the next issue.....the quarter panel and weld up the side molding rivet holes and then new door hinges...

The good thing is I have a really good paint and body guy that worked for Buick dealership body shop for over 10 years- through the 80's...so he has worked on Regals, GNs, TR's and knows all about the bodies....and is willing to let me work at his shop while teaching me how to do body work.....Never too late to learn!

Back