You can type here any text you want

Finally some action! (C-4 Vette)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike

Money pit
I have noooo idea how long it's been since the 'ol GN has seen action, but it was long overdue. It's in need of help (cosmetic, wastegate leaking, maybe even a cam) so I don't drive it much at all. (No $$$ to fix it.)

Well, my wife and I just picked up my truck from the Ford body shop (some A$$HOLES broke in and stole my stereo) :mad:
and I gave her the keys to the truck so I could cruise the GN. I stopped at In N Out for dinner and on to 76 for gas.

While I was getting gas there was a white '92+ Vette with a guy getting into it. I left right in front of him and drove slow for him to catch up. We hit a red light and I looked over, but he was on his cell phone and paying no attention. Light turns green and I throttle it just enough to chirp second gear. The next light was red and we were at the front. I could hear a K&N sucking in air, but noticed the stock tailpipes at the station, so I figured all else was stock. Light turns green and I give it about 1/2 throttle just in case. As soon as we get rolling this thing just comes to life. It was pretty loud, so I'm guessing something had to be done to the exhaust. I nail it and immediately pull a car length and he's not falling back any further, but banging through the gears pretty good. The boost is at 10psi (it was detonating on anything over 12psi on hot days) so I open the center console and crank it up to 15psi. (I love my homemade boost controller) I pulled to about 3 car lenths on him and let off not long after hitting third.

I look over and he gives me a wave, so I wave back and go on my merry way. If the GN wasn't sick I would have pulled alot better, but it was a win nonetheless.

Good kill. You should have gotten out your cell phone so when he passed by he could see you talking on it:cool:

No dooubt. He actually was back on the phone not long after the race. He was probably calling his mechanic to make a service appointment because a V6 just beat him. :D

Mike !!!!!!

Whats goin' on Mike.....I see the GN is still kicking out there in Arizona, huh........Good kill my friend:D .......I plan on going to Irwindale next week and make a couple of 1/8 mile passes my self:) .........Are you and the wife going to make Las Vegas this year???

Later,
Mack

P.S...........Good kill

Back