You can type here any text you want

Fire in the pipes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Geno,

Thanks for not breaking her before Turbo Thunder :)

We have 16 cars pre-registered and another 4 that I KNOW will be there. This doesn't include any last minute mailings, and those that will just show up. It should be a great time!

I see the legendary closet Buick guru (Dale) is on the board...very cool. I hope you can make it down with or without the Lighting Dale.

LITTLE THROTTLE BODY SCREWS

:D Butch: Finally got the heads back from the shop after 4 weeks. Yes, the little throttle body screw left footprints throughout #6 piston and CC but didn't hurt the cylinder. It did trash the right side turbo wheel. Ouch! Dale Eicke (Old ProStock owner-has Wally on shelf) was very happy with the way the heads turned out. Yes, he did a little more work on them and they do look sweet. Hope to take the Opel out to National Trail (Columbus) tomorrow night (Wednesday) for its first T&T. Last time out we ran four 7.91-93 in a row. Understand how disappointed we were at the slip and slide show at BG.

Sure would like to go to the Turbo Thunder. However, that is 2,500 miles away. Just can't make it. It would be nice to see some of the big turbo cars at the BPG Great Plains Challenge. I will be match racing Rod Hendrickson in his blown BB Skyhawk. Should be fun. Hope to see you all there. Later.

John Schmidt

John,

Are you going to make it to Vegas this year? I hope to see your wild ride in person again :cool:

Hey John, Good to hear from you. I am anxious to hear more about you know what! Do you plan to make it to the Midwest Buick Challenge in September? That is close enough to me that I thought I would attend. Remind me where I can see your schedule?

I'm still in Chicago, probably until the end of the year. I am going to try to make it to Bristol but I am not sure at this point.

Keep that little Rocket between the lines, your going really fast!
Say hello to Mr. Plugwires!

Butch
87 WE4
Dallas / Chicago

Re: LITTLE THROTTLE BODY SCREWS

Originally posted by opeltwinturbo
:D

Sure would like to go to the Turbo Thunder. However, that is 2,500 miles away. Just can't make it. It would be nice to see some of the big turbo cars at the BPG Great Plains Challenge. I will be match racing Rod Hendrickson in his blown BB Skyhawk. Should be fun. Hope to see you all there. Later.

John Schmidt

It would sure be cool to see that thing go at turbo thunder:eek:

I just set the ref angle and it was off 7deg:eek:
So the runs i made were on 17deg timing;) ;)
That should wake it up now when i run 26deg witch will be 9deg more timing:) :) :) and 25lbs boost

I thought that speed seemed a little low for all the iron that you had :-)

TurboTR

I get the feeling he knows what he's doin'.You've done some sweet work on the old girl Gene.Should pay off nicely.Good luck with it.:)

Back