First Mods

v6stanger

I've come to the point where I either want to start building up the Syclone or sell it.

My goal would be an 11 sec truck with good street manners.

What is the limitation of the stock longblock?

What are some foundation mods I can start doing that will get me to that point?

I don't want to have to do anything twice so advice would be greatly appreciated.

How much HP is a 255 in-tank pump good for? I saw the racetronix hardwire kit and it looked like a well thought out set-up.

I don't currenty own either Sy or Ty but I'm working on it. Anyways, I think in order to run that fast you will need a built bottom end. I read in a GM high tech where a Typhoon guy broke a rod doing low 12's. I also got to looking around at peoples mods to see what they did in order to run 11's. Here is one guys mod list off of syty.com It makes no mention of fuel pump but I hear a lot of people talking about a 330 pump? Now I think he's talking about using an air to air IC. That guy I read about in GM high tech ran an aftermarket air to water stock location IC. He's shooting for 11's as well. So I'm sure you can run 11's using something like that if you don't want to use an air to air IC. Anyhow, I hope it helps and gives you a few ideas. If not you can always give me the truck ;)

It also ran 11.7@119 later in the night, its best MPH yet.

Mods:
Build motor, 0.30 over
412 Cam
stock crank machined and nitrated
vortec heads fairly stock light port job 2.02 1.6's
Edelbrock carburated lower intake converted to FI, deleted middle seperator
custom fuel injector bungs were made and custom fuel rails
90 degree elbow for upper intake 80+mm round throttle body
83# injectors, FAST
T-63 with .83 sy ty specific housing
Built 700 4000 stall 9" converter (all Rossler parts used)
DeQuick dual core A/A with piping entering on the drivers side
Stock: rear end, front end, t-case, prop shaft and driveshaft, stock suspention
stock brakes
Stock rims with four MT drag radials
Tunning done by Xplicit Racing and Design
truck weights 3900 with me driving.

There is a truck on a stock turbo running 11's now. The main weakpoint you'll have trouble with is the trans. Only way to go if you wanna keep OD is with a 4L80 which will be able to handle the torque you'd put out. The 11's mark is when it starts to get difficult for the Sy's, 12's are relatively easy to hit. You're best bet is to go mild turbo, and thats gonna be reaching the limits of a stock engine.

There is a truck on a stock turbo running 11's now. The main weakpoint you'll have trouble with is the trans. Only way to go if you wanna keep OD is with a 4L80 which will be able to handle the torque you'd put out. The 11's mark is when it starts to get difficult for the Sy's, 12's are relatively easy to hit. You're best bet is to go mild turbo, and thats gonna be reaching the limits of a stock engine.

What he said about the trans.. other then the stock propshaft the 700r4 is the main weak point and simply will not handle an 11 second truck driven more then a few times hard.. I'd like to suggest that you take a look over on www.syty.net there's plenty of sytys running 11's but the combos are very different truck to truck because some make it there with many mods.. some make there with few mods and tons of tuning.