You can type here any text you want

First Modular motor Stang to run 7's on Drag Radials.. *Video*

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Right Click Save As

As the title says this is the first Mod motor car to run 7's on DRs/stock suspension.. Setup consists of:

"4.6L DOHC (284 ci)
Stock Suspension
True 88mm Turbo (Precision GT47-88
325-50-15 M/T Drag Radial
Crossed the scales at 3080 LB"

Car went 5.21 @142mph in the 1/8 and 7.98 @175.96 in the 1/4.

He rus EZ Street with us. I ran him in the finals at Lassiter Mountain back in July....I spun and got beat. They must have figured something out because it never went better than 5.40's then.

Dusty Bradford said:
He rus EZ Street with us. I ran him in the finals at Lassiter Mountain back in July....I spun and got beat. They must have figured something out because it never went better than 5.40's then.

On the Radial board he said they had the wrong gears in it, so I guess we can assume that is what they figured out to go faster...

He probably figured out to run at a better track than Lassiter Mtn.. :eek: :biggrin:

1ARUNEM said:
He probably figured out to run at a better track than Lassiter Mtn.. :eek: :biggrin:

:biggrin: He went a 5.4 something at Steele before we were running the finals which got rained out. We finished the finals at Lassiter during qualifying. I don't think it went faster than high .60's at Lassiter Mountain. It's flyin now...

Dusty Bradford said:
:biggrin: He went a 5.4 something at Steele before we were running the finals which got rained out. We finished the finals at Lassiter during qualifying. I don't think it went faster than high .60's at Lassiter Mountain. It's flyin now...

Hi Dusty,

We were just plain lucky at Lassiter Mountain, if you didn't spin you would have had us easily.

Since Lassiter Mountain we have been working on the susupension, etc. We are not really making any extra horsepower just using what we have better.

We had 15 x 8's on the rear back then, we were trying to make them work but eventually moved to the 10".

Sorry to hear about the mishap with your car, everything happens for a reason.
It just means you will come out quicker-faster than you were before.

Good luck with the off season.

Joey Bridge said:
Hi Dusty,

We were just plain lucky at Lassiter Mountain, if you didn't spin you would have had us easily.

Since Lassiter Mountain we have been working on the susupension, etc. We are not really making any extra horsepower just using what we have better.

We had 15 x 8's on the rear back then, we were trying to make them work but eventually moved to the 10".

Sorry to hear about the mishap with your car, everything happens for a reason.
It just means you will come out quicker-faster than you were before.

Good luck with the off season.

G'day Joey :wink: I was shocked to see how fast it went in Memphis. Congrats. I was disappointed not to see a radial class this year in Memphis. I was looking forward to running in it. Good to see you guys running the Super Street class on radials.

I hope to have mine together to make the Holly Springs race. The money I was going to spend on a better set of cylinder heads this winter will have to be spent getting it back on the track :mad: Good news is the frame is salvageable. The pass side rail was pushed back 1/2 inch, the frame guy has had a rough time getting it back square but says it will be ready Monday. I've got to rebuild part of the headers, crossover but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

These cars are heavy but it took a serious lick. We'll see you soon.

Well since you posted in here Joey, I have to ask do you plan on bringing Jim Mill's car down to Orlando?? I saw the wheelie mishap and was just curious... Was really looking forward to seeing that car run as I have always enjoyed watching it from the time when it was the BB&T car..

twins.

86brick said:
Well since you posted in here Joey, I have to ask do you plan on bringing Jim Mill's car down to Orlando?? I saw the wheelie mishap and was just curious... Was really looking forward to seeing that car run as I have always enjoyed watching it from the time when it was the BB&T car..

Hi,

Yes, Jim Mills will be in Orlando going for that 200mph.
He was at the Memphis race also doing a bit of testing and was having trouble with the boost controller resulting in huge wheelstands, he did go 196 after blowing the tires off and not really getting back to 100% throttle until 300ft out.

We are not taking the Modular Drag Radial car to Orlando, the piggy bank is looking real sad after racing all year and we have a heap of work here at the shop that we have to get out..... The off season is the busy season.

Thanks.

Joey Bridge said:
Hi,

Yes, Jim Mills will be in Orlando going for that 200mph.
He was at the Memphis race also doing a bit of testing and was having trouble with the boost controller resulting in huge wheelstands, he did go 196 after blowing the tires off and not really getting back to 100% throttle until 300ft out.

We are not taking the Modular Drag Radial car to Orlando, the piggy bank is looking real sad after racing all year and we have a heap of work here at the shop that we have to get out..... The off season is the busy season.

Thanks.

Cool, I'm really glad to hear he will be there and going for that 200MPH pass that everybody has been waiting to see!

Sorry to hear you won't be bringing the Modular car to Orlando, think we might see another small displacement car looking to make the show in DR with a GT47-88 turbo! This one has two less holes.. :biggrin: :wink:

Back