First sftbc meeting @ new location.

blackshoebox

Staff member
Ok, gentleman I am giving everyone a weeks notice about this meeting, so lets all make arrangements to be there and have a huge turnout!:cool:

Meeting details and Directions are as follows:

Official Club Meeting Spot
We will now be meeting officially on the 2nd Saturday of every month from 7:00pm - 9:00pm at Oakwood Plaza in Hollywood.
It is located just East of I-95 in between Sterling and Sheridan.
We will be parking across the street, just East of the Starlite Diner, in the Service Merchandise Parking Lot.
Tons of exposure, a huge parking lot and great lighting.
Starlite Diner is just North of Dave and Busters.

Click here for a map: (very simple)
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BF...t%A0Map=Get+Map

Let's do our best to KEEP this new home. (i.e. no burnouts)

This month the meeting is on the 14th of December, which is next Saturday. I will discuss interest in the following events at the upcoming meeting:

Official track night at moroso-midnight madness is on the 20th
Potential dyno day-for those interested
Potential BOP event participation @ Bradenton

Hope to see everyone out there, and I will most likely be calling most of you to give a reminder.

-Alex

Meeting is this upcoming Sat.

Ok gentleman, its crunch time. Post on this thread to let me know you are coming, so I know who I have to call.

TIA
Alex

Well crap! Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it. I've got a stupid engagement party to go to. Promised I'd be there about a month ago. I wanted to be there too!

I would LOVE to make it, BUT we are moving from Boca to Pembroke Pines on the 16th and we haven't started packing YET. So it looks like this weekend is going to be REAL busy.

Good news is Jeff called and was firing my new motor up this morning and if everything turns out OK, I'll FINALLY have my car back later this week or this weekend.

Shawn - did you get the converter from Jeff?

Terry

terry, yes I did, thanks. Got any thing else? TA49, V4?

luckily (I think) my tranny died under warranty so they are putting it in for free...:confused:

Terry,
So the motor you had built by a reputable vendor was worthless?

Getting anything out of it?

Did you have anything special done to this motor? We want details! I hope everything works out well. At least you have a local guy doing it, and he will stand behind it! Jeff is a good guy!

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
Terry,
So the motor you had built by a reputable vendor was worthless?

Getting anything out of it?

Did you have anything special done to this motor? We want details! I hope everything works out well. At least you have a local guy doing it, and he will stand behind it! Jeff is a good guy!

I spoke to the vendor in question about this issue. There is a lot more to the story then most know. However, the vendor told me he would make good on this to the best of his abilities.

-Alex

Jeff's machinist has compiled a list of all the things he found wrong with the motor. The vendor in question is waiting to see what all was found wrong. Of course his machinist said he didn't do anything wrong. I'm glad to hear that he is planning on helping out here. For what I paid him and now this, I could have almost bought a Stage !! motor.

Alex - drop me a e-mail. I want to know what all these OTHER things are in this matter he is talking about. If he means things liks not returning phone calls, not answering e-mails, and avoiding me for months on end, YEAH, there is more to it. I hope this doesn't get into a pissing match.

Terry

Originally posted by tlturbo
Jeff's machinist has compiled a list of all the things he found wrong with the motor. The vendor in question is waiting to see what all was found wrong. Of course his machinist said he didn't do anything wrong. I'm glad to hear that he is planning on helping out here. For what I paid him and now this, I could have almost bought a Stage !! motor.

Alex - drop me a e-mail. I want to know what all these OTHER things are in this matter he is talking about. If he means things liks not returning phone calls, not answering e-mails, and avoiding me for months on end, YEAH, there is more to it. I hope this doesn't get into a pissing match.

Terry check you PM box. I will email you in more detail, when I get home from work.

-Alex

I didn't mean to start anything. Just wanted to know what the deal was. That is why I didn't mention the vendor. I don't want the vendor to get a bad wrap especially since I have no involvement. He also has a good reputation. It's good to know that he is going to try and do right by Terry.

Knocking on wood, that is the one thing I haven't had to deal with is the entire powertrain. Its worked great for almost 5 years. Motor and tranny are still solid, and the motor was done by somebody that catches a lot of flack! Oh, well, probably shouldn't have said anything, because now it will blow! :D

Bad news

Bad news.The GN got hit hard from behind.Had a flat tire and pulled off I-595 when a dualley went out of control and smashed it from behind with me inside.That was not very fun,hurt my back but I should be ok.As for the car i dont know,waiting on the adjuster.I will try to make it saturday with a shoe box(no offense blk shoe)rental car.See ya there,
Paul

Wow dude. Really sorry to hear that. I can't believe it. After all the crap you went through with your trainsmission, and now this.

Don't let them total it. To many people are parting these things out.:mad:

Is the meet on for this Saturday?

Wake up people! You guys think you can take your Batmobiles out of their cave just for this meet? I'm tired of just seeing 6 or 7 cars out their!

GEEEZZZ!

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Is the meet on for this Saturday?

Wake up people! You guys think you can take your Batmobiles out of their cave just for this meet? I'm tired of just seeing 6 or 7 cars out their!

GEEEZZZ!

Meeting is on for this Sat., I will probably be arriving late, as I have previous obligations. But I will be there, most likely around 9 or so.

-Alex

BTW-I have a new cell #754-224-7401. Thats right the area code is 754, its fairly new with the cell phones down here.

wassabe?

OK, everyone call everyone else.

This is our one year anniversery, so I REALLY expect this to be a record turn-out.

Alex, you have the member list, can you have some guys call some guys so we can get this thing on...

Lets call the vendors; Trainy Tech, Harpers, Economy Auto, and make sure we spread the word...

Some guys should show up at Towers on Friday to spread the word there as well...

Man, it's exciting to see people getting together like this and know it's local to me....but unfortunately my days off are Monday and Tuesday (might change in a couple weeks but still will be weekdays other than Friday) and I work 230-1030pm. No calling in sick either ;).

I might be doing a shift switch so I can go to Midnight Madness, providing I get the fuel problems worked out with my TR in time. Anyone going?

Ian