You can type here any text you want

First time racing at the track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whitehot1

This was about 10 years ago. My car was a regular buick regal with an 1986 turbo regal drivetrain,the color was maroon with a landau roof, flat hood,column shift and chrome trim it looked stock and sounded about the same as stock with a hooker exhaust. The wheels were Weld pro stars with Firestone firehawk radials 255-60-15 rear and 215-65-15 front.

When i got on the track i drove around the water box and never did a burnout as a matter of fact i didn't even rev the engine up before stageing. The car in the other lane was a turbo regal we4 and the guy did a big smokey burnout like he was John Force, lol. I waited for him to pre stage first before i did and then stage before i did. He red lighted and was gone, but i waited for the green light before i left the starting line and i left off idle no spoolup at all. I drove around him before the end of the track for the win,not because he red lighted. haha. That had to be funny to watch i wish someone had videoed it. I was just there to get used to driving on a drag strip and to experience the lights and the track conditions.

I had a few mods done to the engine; GN1 heads,204-214 edelbrock cam,50lb injectors with extender chip,kb headers,kb front mount,te-54 turbo,th400 with 3500 stall.

Back