You can type here any text you want

Flex plates

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stage2

MMmmmmmm... cheese
Are the flex plates the same for the 3.8 and the 4.1 V-6? I finally got the 82 running and it has a bad vibration between about 2000 and 3000 RPM. I know the engine had been changed with another 4.1 but have no idea if the correct plate was used. Thanks

I have swapped between the two engines with no problems ( 3.8 on the 4.1 and the 4.1 on the 3.8)

No, they are not exactly the same. The 4.1 balancer and flex plate have more weight on them to compensate for the heavier pistons.

Are the flex plates the same for the 3.8 and the 4.1 V-6? I finally got the 82 running and it has a bad vibration between about 2000 and 3000 RPM. I know the engine had been changed with another 4.1 but have no idea if the correct plate was used. Thanks

I have had the same problem with one particular 4.1 for a couple of years doing the same thing.... i tried different flexplates and still it was a shakey bastard.... turned out to be a bad cam lobe.

:biggrin:A.j.

Thanks for the input. I'll have to some digging I guess. If it gives me too much aggrivation I'll either have to swap in another 4.1 or toss in the '70 GS 350 engine I have laying around!

Back