You can type here any text you want

fluctuating 02's at idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
hey eric my car is still doing this at idle with an ac o2 but i noticed when i put it in gear it idles smooth and locks on to 720 to 800 but when i put it in park or neutral it idles like **** and fluctuates from 032 to 400 back and forth . do you have any ideas as to why its smooth in drive? my iacs in drive are 56 and in park they are 21. thanks brian roman

02 should be bouncing from 10's to 800's at idle. If it is locked on any number at idle then there is a problem. I would say that you need to invest in a new 02 sensor.

TT chips use an open loop idle so with them it is normal not to see the O2 bouncing from 10 to 800's. That is a big difference in iac between park and gear. I like the iac to be about 15-20 in gear but in your case that might get you to zero in park. Try turning the air screw in a little to lower the iacs, and then reset the tps, and then reset the ecm so it will learn the idle fuel again.

TT chips use an open loop idle so with them it is normal not to see the O2 bouncing from 10 to 800's. That is a big difference in iac between park and gear. I like the iac to be about 15-20 in gear but in your case that might get you to zero in park. Try turning the air screw in a little to lower the iacs, and then reset the tps, and then reset the ecm so it will learn the idle fuel again.
thanks i will try to play around with the iac. i tried a new ac delco o2 but no good and this only does this sporatically not all the time i tried new mafs also

Back