You can type here any text you want

Fools will be fools.

• Thread starter Thread starter 1qik6
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1qik6

I was on a return trip home and I noticed an old Chevelle (orange) gaining ground from the distance. As he pulls along side of me (We were on a 4 lane high-way) He starts to 'jump' his car at me. I looked over at him as if to say, "You got ot be kidding right?" Anyways, we slowed to a crawl and I began to build boost. As soon as I did, the guy jumps me....he's gone and I was quite surprized as to how quick his heavy Chevy left. Flashing lights and hanging my arm out the window waving to the guy for a re-start. He FINALLY lets out and I run back up on him. As I pulled along side him on his passenger side, I saw a kid 'pop' up from the seat that couldn't be a day older than 5. Shocked by what I saw, I looked at the driver who was smiling. "You ready?" he yelled... "D@mn man, you gotta' kid in the car!" I yelled back. "Yeah, he loves it...let's go!" I shook my head at him and rolled the window up.
Having kids, I know just how price-less they really are. To race with your kids (Or anyone else's for that matter) in the car, I label you as a FOOL. When I witnessed what I did, I felt bad for the kid inside. Knowing the driver had to hit triple digits, I felt worse. Whether or not the kid (or mine or yours) likes to race, it is still in my book wrong. Could you have imagine what would have happen if the idiots front tire blew out at that speed? Imagine walking (running) up to an accident where a street-racer was killed as was his 5 yr old kid...and you were their opponiet?? Street racing is fun, it is dangerous. Kids don't belong there, leave them at home if you must.
As for the "Great Pumpkin" Chevelle...I have ALLLLLLL my friends looking for this guy...and if he'll leave his little kid at home, he'll have a lil' V6 to tend with.
Sorry for the BW....kinda needed to vent I guess.
Thanks for reading.

where are you, or the chevelle for that matter, located? I do definately agree that it isnt a place for kids, it is one thing to put your own life at risk, but not someone who isn't capable of making decisions.

Have to agreee on this one 100%, any1 racing with there young kids in the car doesnt have the brains they were born with, period!

Shoebox

A while back a 69 Camaro was following me trying to get me to race. The only problem is I had my 4 year old daughter and her friend in my car. I heard him purge his nitrous and all I could do is shake my head no and point to my kids in the back. It hurt but it is the right thing to do, DEFINETLY! I am still waiting to run into the 'Maro again!

kids in races??....

I agree, having your kids or somebody else's driving in high speeds is really DUMB. Every Friday I take my 3 kids on a long trip to see their mom, She lives in Dallas and I live in Fort Worth, I love driving fast but ONLY when I'm alone... I hate people trying to race me when I have my kids in the car...it just won't happen. Good call 1qk6...

Back