For anyone that has done a restoration--

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Just looking to replace a few bolts that look rusted up in the engine bay. I see people doing full restorations and replace every single bolt they say. Where the hell are you getting the sizes from. I looked at a general place like Lowes / Home Depot, but cannot find what I need. I am specifically looking for the radiator hold down bolts...mine are a bit chewed up and need replacing.

Thanks.

If you want new oem style bolts, hardware stores don't carry them. You'll need to go to a body shop supply store. I have a box of those style bolts from a company called Auveco. I'm not sure if they're even still in business, but these were exactly like the originals only nickel plated.

Has anybody ever put OGE there a côkplete set of bolts, washers, etc used on the Grand National? I have a box full of old rusted boots, studs, washers, etc and could use a complete kit ever assembled,
Thanks,
Neil moynihan. 972-672-5421

I good quality restoration shop will send all the original Fasteners out and have them replated with the factory finish such as black oxide / yellow CAD plate or clear cad plate I am currently restoring a car now and replating all my bolts to the factory finishes. Most places usually charge by the pound for your Fasteners to be replated

Has anybody ever put OGE there a côkplete set of bolts, washers, etc used on the Grand National? I have a box full of old rusted boots, studs, washers, etc and could use a complete kit ever assembled,
Thanks,
Neil moynihan. 972-672-5421

Like factory style bolts, or upgraded nicer stuff?

IMG_2903.JPG
IMG_2904.JPG
The engine bay bolts.....for the body only are 6mm, 8mm and #14 sheet metal screw.
I sell a complete kit of either Stainless steel Buttonhead or Machined Hex head bolts that replace all of them. I also just started making the bolts with the collar on them for the hood shocks.

Thank you
Coach

Hey Coach - where do you have a price list for the bolt sets? Also any pics installed online?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looking to replace a few bolts that look rusted up in the engine bay. I see people doing full restorations and replace every single bolt they say. Where the hell are you getting the sizes from. I looked at a general place like Lowes / Home Depot, but cannot find what I need. I am specifically looking for the radiator hold down bolts...mine are a bit chewed up and need replacing.

Thanks.

I made a SS kit a while back with radiator support, corner braces, battery hold down, hood latch, and safety latch for $20. They aren't stock looking though. They're SS socket head cap screws (AKA 'Allen bolts)

Hey Coach - where do you have a price list for the bolt sets? Also any pics installed online?
Thanks!

I just installed one of Coach's kits on a customer's car, and I absolutely love how it looks. It had very straightforward instructions, every bolt was clearly labeled with the location it goes in, and the installation was very easy.

I believe the engine bay kits are around $62 or so, if memory serves me correct. They are worth every penny, imo.

These aren't the greatest photos, but here are 2 pictures I took of the engine bay (this was in the middle of doing work on the engine, so please ignore the state the engine bay is in) that you can see the stainless steel bolts on the radiator top plate, and the inner fender bolts as well.

Thanks!

Sorry...busy week.
I have both styles ( Machined Hex & Buttonhead ) in stock ( Limited Qty ). I also make a Hood Shock kit now that matches.
The only other kit I make is a Champion Valve Cover kit...because their bolts SUCK.

Christmas Special is Free Shipping and Sale Prices are...
Engine Bay $50...I have 7 Hex kits and 5 Buttonhead in stock
Hood Shock $20...I have 4 kits in stock...can make either style
Champion Valve Cover $20...2 Hex and 5 Buttonhead kits in stock

You can PayPal to
dcs426@windstream.net

Please include your address as well as a detailed list of exactly what your ordering.

Thank you
Coach