For the Hawaii crew

Toady

My folks are up here visiting their new granddaughter, and my dad and I (as usual) have spent a lot of time talking cars. He was telling me how HPD is cracking down on highway racing because of a few recent incidents. One of them really sent a chill down my spine.

I sometimes don't pay attention to my dad :D but apparently a kid in a Honda lost control on H-1 and went over the side near the Koko-head bound Waialae offramp, hit a pole which split the car in two, and then landed on that Chevron station under the freeway. Anyone have details?

That was one of the first incident that started this HPD crack down on these honds guys racing on the freeways. Yes it was very sad that was my brother's friend, I was told he was racing with his friend with a VW going 100+ on the freeway! The car was in pieces scattered all over the place, I would'nt want to know how that guy looked! The honda hadly touched the guard rail, just a few scratches and bent on the top of the rail. It seems like it lost control and flipped over the guard rail. The sad thing also another incident in another "Honda" a month or so a high school student at St. Louis racing with their friends ramed the rear of a Ford Aerostar killing the driver and injuring the other passenger. Soooo sad.:(

How's it going Rhett!

The sitiuation with the freeway racing seems to be under control now. For a while, EVERY time I drove on the freeway at night, I would get buzzed by an import doing at least 100 mph. This was especially true in the West Oahu area. Haven't seen a single freeway race for a while now....

Kind of reminded me of driving on the I-5, or the 405! :D

Geoff

Man, those pics make you stop and take notice

Thanks for the info, guys, esp. the link, TurboVirg. TurboV6, that's sad that it was someone you knew. I find myself asking, who'd be crazy enough to think that you could go THAT fast on that stretch of road? In a 911, Viper, or Saleen S7, perhaps, but not a plain old Acura. Just sad...