Ford motor in the new GN clone ???

what to do with the new regal body and frame?

• Total voters

413turbo

i just picked up a decent regal body and frame. i got it for an lsx-4l80 swap and project. however, i happen to have an 80,000 mile lincoln towncar just collecting dust in my driveway. it's a good running car, just to much frame damage. so now i need some help, should i try to use the ford motor and trans (maybe even the rear). or start trying my luck for an lsx and trans out of the yards? has anyone done a ford swap? any good links on how to make the ford motor and trans run harness wise?

Attachments

• as purchased.jpg
    as purchased.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 594
That sounds interesting but I doubt you will find anything on that swap being done. You didn't mention what Year Lincoln, but I am guessing with a 4.6. The Regal wirning is pretty basic, the hard part would be disecting all the Lincoln wiring to use just what you need to make it run.
Try one of the Mustang boards and see what's involved to drop one into a vintage Mustang, that would probably help get you going.

The other hard part would be what mods do you need to make it clear the crossmember, etc. The engine itself doesn't know what car it's in.

After all that, it really doesn't sound like something you want to do, just convenient (not really). It sounds like you want to go with the lsx-4l80 swap.

I think you would be better off with the LSX style conversion.
I wonder if you could work a trade with a junk yard for your cores?

the lsx swap were my intentions, it's just that having the 4.6 w/ trans at only 80,000miles sitting there- i'd love to use it- it's like free.

You'll spend 3-4 grand on all the stuff needed for the swap and end up with just a basic ford motor in it.

I got my motor and trans from a 2007 chevy 2500hd with 62K on it with the harness and computer for 2300 bucks. Sell what you got and go for the LQ4 6.0ltr.

yeah, for now it's gonna sit. but i'm planning on a ls motor later on, or it may get fixed up and sold as a roller.

this was decided because the wife wanted the lincoln body, she didn't want people trying to steal the regal thinking it was a real g/n (around here the g/n gets lots of attention).

They're quite rare around here. Matter of fact, I'm having a hard time finding any Regals as well. Plenty of other G-bodies, but all are high sprung with humongous wheels. I hate those cars. . .