Ford Powerstroke IC IS INSTALLED!! fits nice, new install options.

i realy like the PS intercooler but i saw that one guys headlights on bannings site and saw how they sat a bit crooked (the inside ones) and i didnt like that. is there a way to have this intercooler in yet not damage any irreplaceable parts or make the car look any different?

The reason for the crooked headlights may because some of the other guys may not have kept the adjusters on the inboard headlights. When you make the modifications to the two inner headlight buckets, you remove the portion where the adjuster and spring mount once was.

I was able to keep the adjustability of my headlights. I remounted the adjuster from the grill side of the headlight, to the fender side (in between the two sets of headlights) and remounted the spring to a slightly offset position.

The car has been like this since April/May and I haven't had to readjust them. They're solid as a regular car.

i see. also i have a friend who is VERY good at sheetmetal fabrication. is there a way to mock up some end tanks w/different location inlets/outlets? im thinking maybe on the bottom but i dont want two tubes sticking out from under the radiator like the other frontmounts have.

I believe someone else on the board may be trying the very same thing. Do a search on the subject and it may come up.

I had thought about it, but I didn't think it would be feasable time or money wise.

-Banning.

ok. would it be possible to cut some material off of the side of the intercooler so its not as wide or is this not a good idea?

To narrow it, it probably would be best to narrow the core, not the end tanks.

-Banning.

ya thats what i meant, cut a few rows off the top then narrow it and make end tanks to fit. will it still be effective if constructed in this fashion?

If you have the skills and resources to do that type of work, go for it! If not I think you'll find out that it'll be a costly venture and other IC's (like the CAS V4) start to look worthwhile.

I guess what I'm saying is that you gotta draw the line somewhere. I drew the line with the removal of the top four rows and having the end tanks welded. I didn't want to put any more time and money into it. I just didn't think it was worth it.

$325, removing pieces from the car, test fitting, cutting, more test fitting and about 20+ hours labor?
vs.
$600, bolt in product, and 2 hours?

Only you can answer that one. It's different for everyone I guess. You'll definately have a good winter project on your hands. Have fun!

-Banning.

i guess you are right. i could probably have all the fabrication done for less than $100. heck my goals for my car are only mid/high 11's so i might not even need a new intercooler, just a dutt. necked on my stocker.

I am going to do this mod to but I want to narrow the intercooler so how do you go about reataching it to the tank after you narrow it TIA

If you have the skills and resources to do that type of work, go for it! If not I think you'll find out that it'll be a costly venture and other IC's (like the CAS V4) start to look worthwhile.

I got the CASV4 and its really a gorgeous piece stock location intercooler. I mean this freaking thing is a 21 row opposed to the what? 15 row stocker? the freakin necks and smooth bends on the V4 are incredible. I couldnt believe the flow and response time time (spool up ect..) when i bolted this thing on. Just to give you an example i put on the V4,KM DP,Hooker Exhaust w/test pipe and this combo at the same time added 6#boost or more technically 60 horse:eek: i started with i think 19-20# before the above combo was installed. So you can see what that package did:D but a little pricey i think the above cost me between 12-1300$ bones:eek: but what a difference. By all means im not trying to talk your heart out of the powerstroke if that is what you have it set on, but just stating the simple bolt on stock location cooler which will bring you into the 10s easy.

jojo

Originally posted by J Banning
How fast?
He's in the 10's and at 125+mph. I was hoping to beat him to the 10's, but oh well!
-Banning.

Hey sorry Bud but I had too..:D

Im working on fuel system now and new times will be here shortly there is plenty left in this combo how about that 1.81 60 ft on that 10.97 pass crazy aint it. check that 1/8 mph

1.817 60 ft
4.712 et at 330ft

7.095 et 1/8 mile
102.42 mph 1/8 mile

9.189 et at 1000ft

10.975 1/4 et
125.96 1/4 mph

hey I barely made it but I guess what counts is it did it :confused:

Red... I'm coming for ya! I've got a couple tricks left up my sleave before the season is out.;)

I doubt I can match your MPH, but who will hold the '02 Powerstroke ET title? We'll see...

Later,
-Banning.

I am one who has made new tanks for the intercooler. I have made the feeds point down.
It was easy to make and fit but I have not had time to finish
:(

I think I will remove a few rows on top to give a little more clearance for the pipes.(a set of ATR ft mount pipes I picked up last year)

as far as the narrowing the intercooler........
My welder did not think we could narrow the intercooler because of the thinness of the tubes... I was not about to try and destroy the intercooler :eek:

I hope to get this car back together in the spring(march) so I will have to wait till then to see what it gives me.(I hope to do back to back tests between my ported stock and this thing!!)

Chris :)

I doubt I can match your MPH, but who will hold the '02 Powerstroke ET title? We'll see...

Banning and Red I think I'll have u guys beat when I get my car running:D

Nothing more fun that a little friendly competition:D I'll post my results after the first & second weeks of Dec.

-Banning