You can type here any text you want

Ford taurus electric fan

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buick83-T

83' T-type
Will the ford taurus electric fan from mid 90's work with the stock radiator on the carbed turbo cars and keep temp cool with 160 degree stat? also with A/C?(currently have a sinle proform(2100 cfm) fan on stock radiator with 160 stat and it wont keep car cool)

-Also where do you get the 301 turbo compressor to intake gasket?:confused:

Will the ford taurus electric fan from mid 90's work with the stock radiator on the carbed turbo cars and keep temp cool with 160 degree stat? also with A/C?(currently have a sinle proform(2100 cfm) fan on stock radiator with 160 stat and it wont keep car cool)

-Also where do you get the 301 turbo compressor to intake gasket?:confused:

you tell me where to get the 301 gasket. i cant find it anywhere.

Yeah a taurus fan will keep it cool. I had a cheepo electic fan off some nissan that was in the back of my car that I put on and it lasted 2 years for me. I had a 180 degree stat, and it never went over 185. The only time it overheated was when it was 90 out, I had the AC cranked, and was lowish on coolant from a slow leak.

But im thinking you have another problem. I had a single core aluminum rad that was also in the back of my car that I just put in and it was fine. Maybe its because Im in MN I dont know.

Car does ok if temp is 70's or cooler but if warmer especially if mashing the gas some it has a hard time maintaining temp. Stock radiator is fairly new wanted to stay with it if could but want it to be able to handle 90 degree day with A/C( this with 160 stat). Seeing post with the f-body radiator and dual fans seems to be the way to go(temps no higher than 170's) just wondering if anyone had went another route.Seen the taurus fan mentioned but wasnt sure if anyone used it with stock radiator.

The stock mechanical fan is more than enough to keep the engine cool. If it isn't, something is wrong and a new fan won't necessarily fix it.

Check the silicon clutch on the fan. With the engine hot, use a rolled up newspaper and see if you can stop the fan from turning. If you can, it's bad.

Rich...I have removed stock mechanical fan..kept fan shroud and installed a single proform(16") electric fan. I was wondering if flow of the fan(2100 cfm) not enough...the taurus fan is rated around (4000 cfm)...also fan doesnt have built on shroud like some....fan doesnt cover entire surface on radiator cause problem?

Back