You can type here any text you want

Forgive me, but

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jürgen2

Oversea Member
I have a chevy question and this is the best place where I can get the answer I need. It´s my 72 chevelle I´m talking about.
I plan to put a 454 LS6 engine (450hp) in and I wonder if a 2004r can handle this. I know some guys put the 2004r behind 900hp cars, so I guess with some work it should be good enough for this torque monster.
What do you think?

I need an OD transmission, to get a better gas/mileage since I have a 3.73 rear axle in now. So what would you recomend?

My old plans were to put a 383 stroker in that car, and some guys around here told my the OG valve body of the 2004r trans I own now is a pretty bad valvebody for that engine. I was told to use at least an AA (BRF or CRZ would be the best) vb. I´m still trying to find informations to know what the different is between all the valve bodies, but the only thing I found yet was a site posted here on the forum, telling me behind what enigine the trans was. But I still don´t know why all the guys are so hot for the brf or crzs´.
What vb would be a good one for a 454 cid torque monster?

Thanks
Juergen S

set up with the right parts the 2004r will work great and no matter what valve body you use. you will have to customise the shifting for that combo. a 4l80e with a tci controler would be a good set up also, but more $$.

Good to hear, thanks.

So it really doesn´t matter what VB I use? Even the OG?
Where can I get some good informations on VBs?

What would you recomend for this combo?

thanks
Juergen S

Keep talking to LV GN he knows what hes doing and wont stear you wrong.
Otto

Back