Found an '87 T-R in the boneyard today

1970gsx

I went to get some spare parts for the GN (like an ign. module,coil, and crank sensor, all for $7.00. :D ) and found a dark blue regal. It was stripped pretty well. Then I noticed it had blacked-out trim which sparked my intrest. I checked for vin number on the dash and it was gone, along with the door sticker and RPO sticker in the trunk both of which were peeled off. But it did have the belt routing sticker on the core support, and the vacuum line routing on the air box which showed a line going to the boost gauge. I peeled those off for myself for proof I guess. Anyhow, there were only a few items left that are desirable including the steering box and a complete factory astroroof. I still might go back and get those 2 yet.

1970GSX
Anyhow, there were only a few items left that are desirable including the steering box and a complete factory astroroof. I still might go back and get those 2 yet.

You'd be doing someone a service if you did as long as your re-sell price was fair;) I have an Astro roof car I'm always on the look out for spare parts. I just wish my windows would open and close as fast as the roof does lol.

Yeah, those astroroof's do open really fast compared to the turtle paced windows. I start rolling my windows up 15 minutes before I reach my destination so I won't have to wait when i get there.

The factory astroroof has the black switch, is this correct? I'm most likely going back tomorrow to get it and just want to make sure.

Your guys windows are slow? Mine are variable speed. All depends on how fast i can "crank" them up.. Hehe... :)

Ah the pleasures of a LOW option car..

Sure would be neat to get the VIN off the frame and run a CarFax seeing as the ID has all been stripped. Might find a stolen car that way.

Originally posted by bandwidthpolice
Sure would be neat to get the VIN off the frame and run a CarFax seeing as the ID has all been stripped. Might find a stolen car that way.

My thoughts exactly........That sounds like a stolen/stripped TR. Might even have been a TurboBuick.com members car. :confused:

I may go up Saturday or Sunday to get the astroroof and steering box. The vin was partially visible on back of the inspection sticker, so I'll try to get it from that. There is a nest of yellow jackets in the drivers door so I don't want to lay under that to see the frame vin.

I know there is a good chance that the car was stolen, hence the missing VIN but I have seen two turbo regals and a 442 in the junkyards and they had vin tags when they came in but soon after they didn't. I know I grabbed the RPO sticker off one of them (an 84 T Type) for a souvenir and I hope that is all the others did but can't help but think they might be using them for illegal "cloning". Just a reminder to be sure to check out all your #'s when checking out your T purchases guys.;)

Yea Bob, sounds like an aftermarket. Factory one has a chrome switch exactly like the power window switch