You can type here any text you want

Found out myspooling problem!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
decided to clean up the turbo a bit and see if there was anything wrong. Well after scraping away the rust i find a few markings on the turbo housing. a/r .82 ,Hmmmmmmmmm could that be why i couldn't spool with a 2800 stall 12" converter. :(

So now I have to find a .63 housing. Does anyone have a .63? I would like a turbonetics one but just to get it running ight I'll take a precision or any similar housing.

Now the only thing is the wg. The turbonetics housing has a provision for the external wg. I've heard of guys putting it on the crossover pipe, but wonder if that's the best route since you only release from the one cylinder bank. Wouldn't that let 2/4/6 still push the turbo?

Any help would be appreciated!

Pete

Are you running an external gate right now? I like running external gates with the "aquarium style" regulator to control the boost. I had ATR make me a custom down pipe that would except a delta gate. I also have a second delta gate mounted on my cross over pipe. If I could do it all over again I would go with one big waste gate like a Race Gate.

Is this .82 housing on the 60-1 your selling? Does the turbo have the P-trim turbine wheel? Alot of things can effect spool up; timming, fuel, exh leaks, exhaust system, air intake system ect. Thats not even getting into the turbo its self yet. A .63 exhaust housing would be a step in the right direction for spool up. Go with one that will work with your waste gate set up you have now to save $$'s. If you decide to go to a different turbo dont go to big or you'll be dissapointed again. I run a T63E on a stock long block with a 9" N/L converter. It spools like a pig from a dead stop and that converter is way to loose and is hurting my mph on the big end. Stay with a housing or turbo that will work good with that 12" conv you got.

HTH: Jason

Problem is there are two types of .63 housings..the Garret and the Precision. Next is the diameter of the exhuast wheel..not all .63 housings are the same..and some machine work will be required. If your are intent on getting the housing, best thing maybe to get the turbo to precision and have them make one for you.

I run a stock style HD WG actuator with zero issues ever. Probabaly has saved me from multiple HG failures if anything..

Since it is a turbonetics turbo i may send it off to cotton or back to turbonetics for a .63 housing. It is a .82 housing on it. From the info I got from turbonetics they said it's a stage III p trim. But to be sure they'd have to have it back to disassemble and put the .63 on. Really don't wanna spend that much cash(they're expensive). That is why I may be looking for a trade and skip that headache altogether. The 44/49 has the same compressor wheel(i believe) just a different exhaust housing and wheel.

If I found a decent turbo(51) I would prolly trade up with the deltagate and go back to the stock wg setup. We'll see if anyone is interested. Car won't be fixed until after next weekend anyway.

Back