You can type here any text you want

found; stage motor advertisment.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickstage II

hi all,
found this on parts peddler:

For Sale: Buick V6, Stage 2,
288 cubic inches, Stage 2
block, 4.040 bore, 3.750
forged steel crank, Even Fire,
Stage 2 cast iron heads ported
by Slakwo, Stainless
valves, Titanium retainers, JE
pistons 15 to 1 compression,
Big Block Chevy style
Mechart rods 6.250 long,
Reed mushroom tappet
camshaft, Moroso 4-stage dry
sump system, Jones belt
drive, Edelbrock Victor intake,
MSD 7AL ignition system, 515
HP. Motor is fresh, ready to
run less carburetor. $6,500 or
best offer. Call 717-848-6272
or 792-5677, ask for Tony.
York, PA.

That is a monster crank! :eek: I see the block, and crank as usuable stuff for a turbo application, that's about it. :)

Sounds like sort of an interesting motor. I'm sure the crank has to be a billet piece to attain that stroke length. I wouldn't be suprised if it's a different rod journal diameter also. Personally I wouldn't want Merchart rods in a turbo motor and iron heads don't have the same potential as the Aluminum heads do. It would be a pretty good deal for about $4k. Are you thinking about buying it or just throwing it out there for those interested?

Neal

buickstage II said:
hi all,
found this on parts peddler:

For Sale: Buick V6, Stage 2,
288 cubic inches, Stage 2
block, 4.040 bore, 3.750
forged steel crank, Even Fire,
Stage 2 cast iron heads ported
by Slakwo, Stainless
valves, Titanium retainers, JE
pistons 15 to 1 compression,
Big Block Chevy style
Mechart rods 6.250 long,
Reed mushroom tappet
camshaft, Moroso 4-stage dry
sump system, Jones belt
drive, Edelbrock Victor intake,
MSD 7AL ignition system, 515
HP. Motor is fresh, ready to
run less carburetor. $6,500 or
best offer. Call 717-848-6272
or 792-5677, ask for Tony.
York, PA.

Hi Neal, I think we actually talked about that motor at one time. It has been for sale for about a year that I know of. I talked to the guy several months ago. I can actually give a little history of the motor. It was originally built for a sprint car application in the southern pa. area. It was run once, winning the race, and they were told not to bring it back. That was a long time ago. A friend of mine who worked on the factory program (that is his #28 mod in the power source book) supplied most of the parts. The crank has big block chevy rod journals and I think the rest of the add tells the story. Actually with the 4.040 bore and the odd crank and rods and the iron heads to me its a 2500 motor. But you know me, I like to buy stuff cheap. Anyway its a couple of hours from me and will probably still be for sale a year from now.

Ron,

Now you mention it I do remember the conversation. The whole motor sounds a bit queer to me. Not to say someone couldn't use it but I wouldn't want to throw down $6500 to own it either. Are you planning on making a trip to VA any time soon? ;)

Neal

Ron Tarabori said:
Hi Neal, I think we actually talked about that motor at one time. It has been for sale for about a year that I know of. I talked to the guy several months ago. I can actually give a little history of the motor. It was originally built for a sprint car application in the southern pa. area. It was run once, winning the race, and they were told not to bring it back. That was a long time ago. A friend of mine who worked on the factory program (that is his #28 mod in the power source book) supplied most of the parts. The crank has big block chevy rod journals and I think the rest of the add tells the story. Actually with the 4.040 bore and the odd crank and rods and the iron heads to me its a 2500 motor. But you know me, I like to buy stuff cheap. Anyway its a couple of hours from me and will probably still be for sale a year from now.

Planning on Thanksgiving vacation when we have a few days off school. Linda is in Atlanta now and we will be going down there again at Christmas. I'm picking up a ASA chevy for a buddy of mine then and if the Thanksgiving time doesn't work out will do it over Christmas. We'll talk on the phone sometime. We were supposed to leave for Cozumel next week but Wilma had other plans. We've rescheduled that to January. Trying to get a roof on this new addition before the snow (four letter word) starts flying. Actually has been great weather so far. Hope it hold for a couple more weeks. Talk to you soon.

Ron,

My wife and I were supposed to be going to Cancun as our belated honeymoon at Christmas. We've decided Cabo might be a better idea after Wilma blew through. BTW, don't try to call my phone right now since it just rings off the hook. Where exactly I have no idea since AT&T botched the phone transfer when we moved. I'll catch up with you in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll have a phone by then. :)

THX

Neal

Ron Tarabori said:
Planning on Thanksgiving vacation when we have a few days off school. Linda is in Atlanta now and we will be going down there again at Christmas. I'm picking up a ASA chevy for a buddy of mine then and if the Thanksgiving time doesn't work out will do it over Christmas. We'll talk on the phone sometime. We were supposed to leave for Cozumel next week but Wilma had other plans. We've rescheduled that to January. Trying to get a roof on this new addition before the snow (four letter word) starts flying. Actually has been great weather so far. Hope it hold for a couple more weeks. Talk to you soon.

Back