You can type here any text you want

Found the spot

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FSJPlumcrazy

Ok so now I have had more time to wander the web site and understand it's quirks...time to post where it needs posting

Sorry to bust in on this great information site...I bought an 82 Regal turbo/carbed V6 for a project rod and then found a 66 P*ntiac convertable to play with instead.

So now I have this motor (25506818) that has no where to go except out the door...(or another project rod, whichever comes first) and was wondering if anyone here can help me out in what it might be worth.

I don't know much about the motor except that it was suppose to have only 30000 on it and it is missing the (driver's) non- turbo exhaust manifold and the distributor. It's has a 4bbl carb and I started polishing the turbo and intake.

I would list it "for sale" but if it is a hard motor to come by and I find a "street rod" that is looking for a new home, I might keep it.

Sorry again for the interuption...carry on.

Wayne S

My Buick is in a Full Size Jeep
71 J4000 Truck with factory 350/Th400

66 Pont. LeMans Conv. with 389/Th400
(longtime project)

66 Wife (also a longtime project)

It would make a great rod motor. It's probably not that valuable tough, because most poeple going thru the hassle of an engine swap will be looking at a 86/87 SFI intercooled Turbo V6.

The value of the crank if it's good might be worth more than the rest of the motor ($200-300). It's a shame that so many Carb/Turbo engines are discarded just for the crank. (You could sell the turbo crank, put in a NA crank and still have a good motor. The NA is a very durable part.)

It's such a little motor. Just park it in the corner of the garage and save it for a cool project. :)

Back