You can type here any text you want

four bolt or three bolt turbo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sixgun86gn

six offender
I have ATR three bolt headers and I want to use a 76gtq turbo on my TA motor.Should I sell them and buy four bolt headers and run a four bolt housing,or just keep them and use a three bolt turbo?

The goal is to try to get at least mid 9s out of it.

You can just use a 3-bolt to 4-bolt adapter. Pretty sure tha Turbonetics still carries them.

Thanks.The adapter will probably be the way I go since headers(if I replace them later) are cheaper than a 76gtq.

ATR charged me $100 to convert my header from 3 to 4 bolt. The adapter I had required a custom downpipe but did move the turbo up and forward for somewhat easier inlet pipe (to the turbo from the air filter) plumbing.

The 4 bolt will flow better with a nice tangential housing. IMHO, it also shapes the exhaust flow better to meet the turbine wheel.

If you insist on a 3 - 4 bolt adapter, I have one I'll send you for shipping. It was even sand blasted (but has some surface rust on parts of it).

Back