Frame Off Restoration

Here we Go! What do you think? I'm looking for a back window and the strut brackets that mount on the hood. Hopefully we should be ready to install the interior and drivetrain in a couple of days. The 19" wheels has the car sitting a little too high for me, I think.

Freekin Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great. Just need to lower the front down to close that fender gap a little and she will look killer.

The 19s look big but I like them! Did you run a taller OD tire? I usually do that as well, might be bringing the body up a little higher than expected? Still like it!!

Thanks Guys! The engine and trans is not in it yet. That's why it sits high in the front. I tried to find the lowest profile tire for that width, and a 345/30 was all I could find. I have it at the house now, so I will start installing the interior and drive train. I will post pics of that also when I start.

Last edited:
Purty, I am not a fan of the wheels but it is your car and as long as you are happy, who cares??

I love projects like these, I'm doing one of the same.

I have a rear window in my car that I'm not going to use if you are interested. I'm in Las Vegas, NV.

Also, where did you get those wheel tubs, I like the rolled lip.

Thanks! I did manage to get a rear window. The mini tubs are actually replacement trailer fenders. They fit perfect as mini tubs. You should be able to get them from any trailer accessory store or shop.

That looks GREAT! Can you tell me what year/make the side view mirrors came off of? Do they mount to the stock location or was there some special fabrication to make them fit properly? Keep us posted on the progress.

MUSCL GN- The mirrors come from a 87' Monte Carlo. I just installed them in the same location as the stock mirrors. Fit excellent. Just make sure to get the gasket also with the mirrors. you may have to contour the gasket to fit the body line.

Looks fantastic. The extra blocking and color sanding really paid off, black needs it to look that good. Keep up the awesome work! Where did you get the clear blinker lenses for the front bumper? Last time I looked it seemed pretty difficult. I am just starting to get back into the TR world (finally done with school) and really want to get to wrenching on mine.

I have not been on here for awhile. Here's are some updated pictures. Took it down to the Birmingham, AL World of Wheels this year Feb. 2016 and took 1st place in class along with the Monte SS taking 1st place in class 2 years in a row.