You can type here any text you want

frame rail suggestions...?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

O SO LO

Got a call from a guy named Matt today, moved out from N. Carolina and he says his 87 GN frame rails under trunk are are in bad shape- (rusting from salt). Anyone around here know of a 87 GN being parted or how to repair/replace the rails??

I saw a complete powdercoated frame for sale a couple of months ago on here. Tried to search the thread but couldn't get the search function to work, site may still be having a couple of hic ups.

Think they were asking around 1200-1400.

Depending on how bad the rust has eaten through, he could use POR 15, and rework the bushing holes with washers from G-bodyparts. Also, I know when mine was notched they cut out pieces and welded back in plates. Might be able to cut out and weld back in to fix bad spots.

Got a call from a guy named Matt today, moved out from N. Carolina and he says his 87 GN frame rails under trunk are are in bad shape- (rusting from salt). Anyone around here know of a 87 GN being parted or how to repair/replace the rails??

Pull-A-Part. Any G-body frame will work. Just cut the section off you need to weld on , or replace the whole frame. Title issues could happen if it ever gets inspected by the State Patrol if you replace the whole frame, though. They make real nice cordless saws-alls these days. Bring some sockets and a saws-all and have a section out in 40 minutes. Be sure to jig the car up before cutting the rusted section out, though. If you are lacking in welding skills, hire someone to do the welding/gusseting for you. Narrow the frame rails before you slide the new one under the car. It should be pretty easy to accomplish.

I think some guy was fabing them a little while ago. Might want to do a search.

I have an entire frame from a 86' T sitting along side my shop. $250 takes it. Where are you located?

Back