Free Credit Report

jmidolo

Sexy MF Joe
I remember doing one a few years back online...put in all the info, was ready in 10 mins. Now all the ones I can find want you to either pay or join w/"No Obligation" to get one and then cancel your membership.

Anyone know of a "Real" free one....

MIGHT BE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

Our office just heard of yet another scam offering "Free Credit Reports".

Sign up with them, & they then access your personal/financial data from the info you've provided to them.

Commonly known as 'identity-theft" & another form of just plain old Fraud.

Scam-Artists know it's human nature to want something-for-nothing, so they get lots of customers.

Go with reputable firms that do this legitimately and protect your data.

HTH :)

I'd just go with one of the big three so you know you're getting the same information that lendors will get. Also know that they're not going to do anything nasty...

Equifax is only $9.00
TransUnion not sure on the cost...

-Scott

Spend a few bucks and order a full credit report with credit score. Make sure it mentions that you get the score too. You can also order a tri-merge ("three in one") that will incorporate Equifax, Transunion & Experian. They will not all have the same information, since they are somewhat regional. Some creditors report to all, some only to one or the other. You can go to www.equifax.com and order one of theirs, or the trimerge. The tri-merge is $30, however. Once you do this, you will be able to easily dispute any erroneous info you find. You do this with the bureus, not the creditors. You'll have it completed w/i 30 days. It's worth it to have a real report, otherwise it won't do you much good.

HTH

Yep...experian has a link on their site...it's free if you sign up for the $70/yr reporting tool w/a free 30 day trial...so I got a 30 day test drive :)

you qualify for a free one once a year or if your turned down in the last 60 days. some states this is not available. go to experian and pull it for free on line.