You can type here any text you want

front brake pads low need to replace

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

riviera

My front brak pad are getting low I neet to replace but I'm not sure if I can use a c clamp and push the piston on the caliber back in with a powermaster unit.

I used to. I wouldn't get too wild with it but I had success.

why wouldn't you be able to?

pro tip: use the c clamp to push the piston back in before removing the caliper... it's so much easier and faster...

An ASE Professional tip. NEVER push brake fluid back into a master cylinder, especially if the fluid is old. Dirty fluid means rust particles and that increases damage to the master as well as the powerbastard brake unit. Open the brake bleeder before pushing the piston back in so the old fluid won't be forced into the master cylinder. You can do this on the vehicle before you remove the calipers with the dreaded C clamp or a large screw driver jammed in between the rotor and the pad. Don't forget to have the rotors turned and repack the bearings out you'll be taking everything back apart and starting over again.;)

Back