You can type here any text you want

front bumper rub strip is loose.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dongn1987

i noticed my front bumper rub strip is loose. i crawled under and saw a hole in the bumper support. im assuming theres a nut in there? does anyone know what size that might be? i dont wanna try a few different sockets and lose one in there. i attached some photos. thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5830.JPG
    IMG_5830.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5819.JPG
    IMG_5819.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5815.JPG
    IMG_5815.JPG
    992.8 KB · Views: 12
Just snug them up. They're held in by a splined bolt like a wheel lug and will strip if overtorqued

Funny story. My GN was making a rattling sound. People were saying it was torque convertor bolts and a ton of other things. I spent weeks trying to find the noise location. I started throwing parts at the car. Spent a ton of cash. No solution. Horrible sound. Finally my 10 year old came to see me in the garage. He saw I was mad about the sound. I was under the car trying to track it down. Suddenly the sound went away. I slid out under the car and there was my little son holding the front bumper bracket. He said "Its coming from here Daddy" I tighten the two bolts holding it on. 13mm I think. All fixed. I took him out for ice cream.

ha! that is a great story! i noticed my bracket is tight but the rubber bumper strip is loose. i dont think the 13mm bolts tighten the rubber strip. it looks like i will have to remove the bracket, tighten the rubber strip and put the bracket back on.

I apologize. Sometime I go on rants. Age I guess. Just remove the bumper bracket. This way you can see how the rubber is attached. Two minutes worth of work. I'm sure it will be easy enough. If the attachments are broken off I'm sure you could use epoxy of some kind. Nobody will know..... Well except us here on the forum. Just to reiterate, you mean just the rubber, not the whole bumperette right?

Back