You can type here any text you want

Front cover cam button area

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DCVING 6

My factory front cover has some wear from the cam button. Can I just smoothe out the edges with my dremel or should I have the area machined flat.

Everything is factory original except for me adding a roller button when putting it back together.

IMHO, smoothing out the edges is fine. If you are running a roller cam, you will need to make sure your cam endplay is still not too much. If you are talking about the roller button on the stock spring in a flat tappet cam..... shouldn't need any special attention.

HTH

If you are talking about the roller button on the stock spring in a flat tappet cam..... shouldn't need any special attention.

HTH
This is the setup. I still have the stock spring and plastic button but thought the roller would be better after seeing what the stock stuff did to the cover with only 11k miles on the car.

Have the button area machined. Too bad you don't live closer to Richard Clark's place. He has a special fixture to hold front covers for doing this specific machine work. Did mine there a couple months ago.

A dremel tool will work fine if you have good tool control. If you have girlie hands you might want to take it to a machine shop. A small sanding disc works well, too.

Back