Front mount install.

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
I've decided the 2.5 stock intercoolers I've had for so long is about as far as they can take me so I'm putting a front mount in finally. This thing is so huge I had to relocate the bottom of the aluminum radiator support about an inch farther back to get this thing to fit! This also gave me some room so the bottom of the intercooler could get some airflow behind the bumper. I'll have to cut the very bottom of the bumper out so airflow will be better also. You won't be able to notice unless you look from the bottom. This will make the spoiler functional as a scoop instead of something that adds to the appearance of the car.

Lower radiator support removed with intercooler in place...
intercooler%20(10).JPG

intercooler%20(3).JPG

intercooler%20(5).JPG

intercooler%20(7).JPG

intercooler%20(9).JPG

A/C condenser and radiator installed again. Radiator looks rotten. :eek::
intercooler%20(11).JPG

Ya ya..double board post. Figured not many people visit the hybrid section often.

The one I bought measures 24 x 17.5 x 4. The nose of my Malibu is much shorter than a Turbo Regal so I had to modify the lower radiator support to get it to fit behind the grill. On a Turbo Regal, I'm certain it would fit fine without any major mods at all. I didn't like the inlet and outlet coming out the sides so I cut them off and will be adding some that point downward...just like Cottons front mount.

I didn't like the inlet and outlet coming out the sides so I cut them off and will be adding some that point downward...just like Cottons front mount
I thought about that on mine,but ground clearence is minable at best on my Vega.Running the piping under the core support would have been way easier but first speed bump would have killed them.