You can type here any text you want

front mount TTA?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

I know some people have mounted the IC in front of the radiator on Turbo TA's, but I haven't heard anyone say weather or not it made an improvement, or better yet if they had overheating problems.

I seem to remember razor saying he tried a front mount setup with so-so results a couple years ago. What are 10 second TTA's using for an intercooler? (yeah, probably not easy to answer because there aren't many out there)

I also saw razor mention not running an IC at all and just using the alcohol kit as a chemical cooler. At this point I'm thinking about it myself :tongue:

Howdy!

The front mount dosen't work real well with the TTA. It has to lay down and is too close to the road, not a good situation. I don't know why anybody would not want an IC? A 10 degree drop in intake temp produces a 1% increase in power. Alky is a supliment for cooling. If yer running a 10 second car, octane is the key. There IS no substitute. With 114 octane you can run 25 psi with NO problem. Add alky to that and you increase the power.

My $.02

I researched the FMIC too. You will need make a shroud. Jim Dunn's IC is a stock location IC w/ adj. shroud. I am installing this weekend and I will post some pics and experience. Very curious to see how low it hangs. From the measurements it looks very close to the stock length. I will not comment just yet.

I really really made a bad decision not going alky as my first mod. Well except the fuel pump w/ hotwire mod. But I really like the custom IC too! Nice looking piece. I even went nutz and bell mouthed the neck. I do not regret buying it one bit. I just wish money grew on trees.

Off topic, I have a stock turbo and figured the cooler you can get the air charge the better.I went with to bigger IC before a bigger turbo (unless you have alky of course).The more efficient the IC,the better. My stock turbo will definitely benefit from a bigger IC & when I decide to step up,I have the IC already.

I only have a year and a half of research on the TB's/TTA so... just trying to spark debate.:)

I just purchased a TTA with a DeQuick v2 front Mount Intercooler. It seems to work quite well as I run 19# boost, not a hint of knock on 93 octane and she runs very cool still. It is a nice install, intercooler is straight, you can't see it and you never have to worry about the pipes hitting anything, plenty of clearance. Very nice install....

You have to be careful with ground clearance around the bottom of the core support. The 3 inch IC pipes are very easy to get smacked going in and out of driveways. Our cars are low as is.. this makes the front end even more sensitive.

I think a modded stock location and alcohol would be more than plenty for a 10 sec car.

HTH

You have to be careful with ground clearance around the bottom of the core support. The 3 inch IC pipes are very easy to get smacked going in and out of driveways. Our cars are low as is.. this makes the front end even more sensitive.

I think a modded stock location and alcohol would be more than plenty for a 10 sec car.

HTH

X2. The Jim Dunn one or another IC of that type would be great with alky. Free up the air restriction then cool it with Alky. :cool: I am happy with a Dutt neck IC and alky for now. The stock IC is so low I can't imagine going any lower on a street car.

Back