You can type here any text you want

Front runner tires??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott Atk

What's everybody using? I have the Mickey Thompson 26-7.5-15 in an 8 ply now but I want to move up to a 27" or 28" tall tire. They list a 28-7.5-15 but only in 4 ply which they only reccommend for cars under 3000 lbs.
So my question is, are there any other options for a 27 or 28" front runner that's at least semi street legal? Is anyone running the 4 plys on a Turbo Buick that's street driven with success? Thanks!

all I ever ran was the 4-ply 26" sportsmans, now I've got et fronts in a 27.5" since the 26's looked kinda small and the 27's look better to me and the 28's look too big.

Hey Scott, hows that white T of yours making out? have you been out this year? At anyrate I too run the 26" MT.

the 4-ply tires.. yep till they were bald. I tried to avoid potholes but did hit a few unavoidable ones and never had an issue.

Sweet Thanks!
My car is down right now for a new block. :eek: Tore the top off for a routine head gasket and found a cracked cylinder. :eek: Figured it took on water and hydrolocked. Everything is being switched over should be done in a week or two. Sucks to have to setup the girdle again but everything else looks good. I'm hoping to have it out Oct. 4th.

I like the Moroso front runners , 7.10 / 15 about 27.5" tall , light , and no problems on the street.

Attachments

• Moroso front runner 1.JPG
    Moroso front runner 1.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Moroso front runner 2.JPG
    Moroso front runner 2.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 223
Correct they are not the DS2's those have the race only tread , these have a street friendly tread .

Here is a pic with a better look at the tread........

Attachments

• Moroso front runner 3.JPG
    Moroso front runner 3.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 251
Go fast, how is the car on the street and around corners at a decent speed?

Have you ever weighed the rim and tire combo?

I'd consider getting a set just for the track if they are much lighter than my current street setup.

28"x10.5" MT slicks in the back on 10" rims (no frame notch) and 26" Firestones up front.
DSC01658.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

GNVY US1 the tires have no problem around corners on the street , you won't run a road course with them , but i've run these several years & hundreds of street miles without any problems. The tire and wheel are about 14 lbs.

Back