You can type here any text you want

Front Strut Bolts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iwantatta

Anybody have suggestions on how to remove the 24mm bolts on this thing?

I've tried PB Blaster and WD40 with a breaker bar and tons of leverage. I'm actually worried that my breaker bar is going to snap.

Do you need some sort of power tools to get these things off or do you just have to drench it with PB Blaster and let it sit for awhile?

:frown:

I used a breaker bar on mine when I replaced the struts about 4 years ago and yes they were stuck but came loose after a while.

You can get to them with an impact gun or you could heat the slightly to come loose.

The bolts and washers are still avalible new if you need to replace them but I could not get hold of the nut as it was discontinued so I reused the nuts.

Thanks Jan,

Finally got them off with a breaker bar. However, i was unsuccessful with the nut on top of the strut. Trying to hold the top part of the strut while turning the bolt was almost impossible. Just took a drill to the nut and it eventually came loose. The new struts come with the nut anyways.

I used a breaker bar on mine when I replaced the struts about 4 years ago and yes they were stuck but came loose after a while.

You can get to them with an impact gun or you could heat the slightly to come loose.

The bolts and washers are still avalible new if you need to replace them but I could not get hold of the nut as it was discontinued so I reused the nuts.

I've gotten the front struts in but now i'm wondering if i have the correct rear shocks.

The part number i have is F4-B46-1021-HO for my bilsteins. The bottom support looks different. The originals have 2 holes on the bottom where a bolt slides through. The bolt that slides through the original shock is secured with 2 nuts on each side. I've got the nuts off but the bolt looks to be permanently part of the car.

My bilsteins already have the bolt. And this bolt also looks to be part of the shock. Am i missing something?

Back