You can type here any text you want

Front Upper and Lower Control arms??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
Looking at GBodyparts.com upper and lower control arm kit for $560, has all bushing and balljoints installed. Is this a good setup for a street car??

what other options are out there?

thanks for the help..

What do you want to do with your car Jason? Not to many options for the lowers but there are a lot of options for the uppers. Do some looking in the dirt track shops and you'll find a ton of uppers for the metric chasis. Most of the dirt and hard tracks use the metric chasis now so you should be able to get some control arms fairly cheap. The lowers are the most expensive and you can even use lowers off an S-10. You can get them real cheap if you look around and they're already lowered 2 or more inches.

I'm debating right now whether to do or not to do a Frame off this winter, or just a repaint. The car was re-done 7 years ago, before I starting doing autobody work, it was done good, but not great, paint peeling inside jams/under bumper fillers, dry spray on lower parts of car, I've wet sanded the $hit out of this thing to get it to look how it does.. just general things I'm sick of looking at. I just hate having a car that I know could be better. everyone asks if I painted it, no I didnt, if I did it would look better.

So...everything has been replaced/improved except for the front control arms, coil springs, brake lines, and fuel lines. It's a street driven car, w/ the occasional visit to the track. (body bushings, rear end/control arms, sway bars, frame braces, driveshaft, crossmember, idler arm, tie rod ends, ball joints, gas tank and straps, and everything else have been changed to new or performance parts)

The original control arms have the original bushings in them, the arms are were rusty, I cleaned them up a few years back, I want tubular arms/new bushings.

Stock spec alignment is fine, I'm just looking for some controls arms I can just bolt up and not worry about pressing bushings in...and not pay an arm and a leg for. Most importantly be a quality piece.

Back