"front" wheels all around, any downsides?

UNGN

Can't Re- Member
I put the 4 extra "fronts" off my 2+2 onto the TTA and they look like the fit fine. Anybody try this and found out they smacked the fender lip in hard cornering?

Also, has anyone wided the Stock GTA's to 10" in back? it appears you could add 2" to the inside of a front and it would have a similar offset to a rear.

Of course there aren't any wide 16" tires made anymore....

the problem is putting rears up front... most of them will fit. my wheels are actually on backwards... up front they get really close to suspension parts but they fit!

i see no problems with front wheels on the back.

I've seen "fronts" on the rear and "rears" on the front many times and even both "fronts" on one side and both "rears" on the other side. Amazing how those guys at Discount Tire can't read :D Anyway, in all cases the owner never noticed a problem. Just observations I've noticed on several TTA's at different meets.

Hey Chris, when did you pick up a TTA?

2QUIK6 said:
Hey Chris, when did you pick up a TTA?

Last spring. I bought a 72K mile driver off Ebay for $9K in San Antonio. I'm modifying it to run Open Road Races and 1/2 mile and 1 mile events. I bought a 2.72 rear axle I need to install and and will put racing seats and cage in it sometime in the future.

When we get it done, it should be able to hang with the ZR1's and Vipers we currently run with.

Right now it's sitting in the garage. I need to have the welded in test pipe cut out and have a cat I bought installed to pass emissions before I can drive it. I should have it out this spring to start tuning it at the track.

Sounds like it will be a fun ride when your done. At one point there was 3 of us in the area with TTA's, one guy right across the lake from me that I started skiing with alot, he sold his this summer, and then Mark who I went to the track with alot who sold his last year also to Maston on this board as 'Who Needs 8'. You'll really like the car once you start driving it, its very different than the TR. Let me know when you start to head to the track, I've got a '95 TA project I hope to have in tuning stages by spring.

2QUIK6 said:
Amazing how those guys at Discount Tire can't read :D

Most of them didn't graduate High School, so what do you expect?

(BTW: That's just a joke, I don't want to offend any Discount Tire Employees, they're good people :biggrin: )

But Seriously, when I got DR's put on my car: I told them to be sure to keep the "deep dished wheels" in the front. The guy in the office say's: "Are you sure?" I tell the guy in the pits the same thing, and get the same reaction: "Are you sure?"
He pulls the wheels off and says: "All be darned, they say front and rear on the back." :eek:
At that point, I wanted to say: "Hand over the impact wrench, please sir."

Quiky One said:
UNGN how fast do you hope to hit? Any mods to keep the car at high speeds? :cool:

The standard Grand Sport top speed (tech speed) is 168 mph max. At tighter open road races like Arnold, Nebraska, the Tech speed for the top class is 140 mph. With the 2.72 gears, it should hit 140 in drive with the stock motor and it should be fun to squirt from corner to corner with the shifter in D.

This summer I plan on running in the 1/2 mile shootout in the street division at Arnold. The top street car is usually in the low 140's in the 1/2 mile (usually a modified viper or ZR-1). Not having to shift into OD should be a huge advantage. No real car prep is required to run the 1/2 mile so We can run that before we cage it.

For the Mile, the E/PS record at Maxton is only 166 mph (set by a built Thunderbird SC), but that shouldn't be too hard for a good running TTA.