FS: 1983 Malibu Wagon in Central NJ

83StreetMachine

Hey Guys!

I know I will probably regret this but I am looking to sell my wagon. I don't need to sell and I don't mind keeping it but I just found out last week that my wife and I are expecting a child and I feel this is the correct decision at this time. The money I would be spending on this car will instead go toward the family.

I bought this car in December 2010 from an older man who no longer had the ability to drive anymore. I am the 3rd owner. I have the original owners manual and build sheet for the car. The car has been garaged its whole life. I've driven it nearly everyday this summer from June thru August and the car never misses a beat. I taken it on hundred plus mile road trips and it just cruises along without incident.

The car still has a completely stock and untouched drivetrain: 229 cu in V6, th350c, 2.41 7.5" rear axle. Currently the car has 167,000 miles on the clock and runs perfectly. The car only had 4 options: Air conditioning, power steering, cruise control and AM radio.

The exterior of the car has no rot. Couple of door dings and scuffs here and there but it still sports the original paint. The frame and floors are perfect. All the bright work on the car is in amazing shape and still shines beautifully. Even the chrome plastics are still shining. I would rate the exterior a 8/10.

The interior is bone stock. Full cloth bench seat. The dash is crack free and still very supple. All the other plastics inside are in great shape, no chalking or brittleness. The headliner is still up and shows no signs of sag. I would rate the interior a 8.5/10

Here is a list of the work I have done to the car:

-Full tune up: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, ignition module, fuel filter, pcv, air filter, all new belts, and a trans service
-A/C converted to 134a
-New brakes all around including all new hardware, drums, and wheel cylinders in the rear
-New shocks all all 4 corners: KYB gas-a-just up front, Monroe load levelers in the rear
-New TRW Cargo Coil Rear springs
-UMI Tubular Rear Control Arms with greaseable bushings
-Monte Carlo SS Steering box, front and rear sway bars with new poly bushings and endlinks, and jounce bars
-Jeep Steering Shaft
-Brand new tires Futura 235/60/15 on all 4 corners with less than 1500 miles on them
-Monte Carlo SS 15x7 rims with new valve stems that have been bead blasted and painted a metallic gunmetal grey
-New Wheel Center Caps
-New Gorilla Lug nuts and locks
-35% 3M Lifetime Warranty window tint all around with a 5% windshield strip
-New POLK speakers up front and in the rear: I made custom fit enclosures for the rear speakers since this car never had any. All rewired with MONSTER speaker wire.
-PYPES 2.5" Stainless Y-pipe with Flowmaster 40s exiting with Monte Carlo SS Tail pipes with 3.5" Magnaflow Stainless Tips

I know there is more but this is just off the top of my head at the moment. As you can see I have spent a lot of time and money on the car to get to where I want it. My plans were to pull the drivetrain and make a killer sleeper but it runs so well I delayed the removal. Now with the wife pregnant I feel the money should be spent on more important things. If it doesn't sell I will gladly put it back in storage. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or requests.

I'm asking $4500 OBO

Onto the pics!

IMG_2698_zps6bab42ec.jpg

IMG_2699_zps7f9541ce.jpg

IMG_2700_zpsd0e33d21.jpg

IMG_2695_zpsc763afe3.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_2706_zps378d70d8.jpg

IMG_2708_zps77980984.jpg

This what it looked like the day I picked it up:
IMG_1405.jpg

This is a video of it running the day I picked it up:

This is a video of it as it currently sits:

Thanks!
Ed

Saw a wag similar to that last weekend at the track. LS swap. Ran 8s in the quarter. It was impressive.

No doubt....love my 72 sport wagon. I've forwarded this ad to a buddy a few times, wish he'd step up!.

Good luck on your sale, its a nice shag!