You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pressure not holding

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

As soon as the pump shuts off my fuel pressure starts dropping. Not sure what the reason is yet, but could this be causing me a lean condition under wot? Thanks

I'm assuming you mean when you shut the car off...The fuel pressure at the rail drops quickly....

You only need 1 injector to leak down a little bit to lose the pressure on the rail...Either that or the check valve in the pump is not holding.

This should not affect the car at all while driving.

If you have another set of Injectors...swap them out just to see if the pressure holds,If It doesn't,It is more than likely the check valve....In which case I wouldn't bother with it until it's time to do another fuel pump.

If It does...start swapping the Injectors you took out back in one by one until you find the culprit.

O.k. when I pinch the fuel pressure line the pressure holds perfect. The two problems listed are faulty pump or leaking pump coupling hose. To check the pump coupling hose do I need to drop the tank? Thanks

I'm assuming you mean when you shut the car off...The fuel pressure at the rail drops quickly....

You only need 1 injector to leak down a little bit to lose the pressure on the rail...Either that or the check valve in the pump is not holding.

This should not affect the car at all while driving.

If you have another set of Injectors...swap them out just to see if the pressure holds,If It doesn't,It is more than likely the check valve....In which case I wouldn't bother with it until it's time to do another fuel pump.

If It does...start swapping the Injectors you took out back in one by one until you find the culprit.

Yes the pressure drops quickly to about 20 psi, and then will hold steady. When I pinch the fuel feed line the pressure holds steady.

Same issues I had and I will be replacing my fuel pump with a Walbro 340 ... funny thing is I installed a Walbro 307 (or is it 305?) about 3-4 years ago so did not last to loong and now I have to drop the fuel tank again :mad:

Same issues I had and I will be replacing my fuel pump with a Walbro 340 ... funny thing is I installed a Walbro 307 (or is it 305?) about 3-4 years ago so did not last to loong and now I have to drop the fuel tank again :mad:

I believe mine is the 307 also. It has been in there for about 8 years.

I am guessing pump too. All of my cars have FP pressure leak downs when the car is shut off. But dropping the tank sucks on TTAs. Not too bad if you have lift.

So could this be causing it to be lean at wot. I turned the duty cycle all the way up for fuel at wot, and the blm is still at 154 as soon as it hits wot.

I had the same problem last year. I had the FP cranked and the 50lbs inj at full tilt and the car still leaned out at 60MPH or so at WOT. I bet it is your pump taking a dump. My car ran great one trip to the track and lean the next trip 2 weeks later. The car ran fine part throttle.

O.k. What gives? Now the fuel pressure holds when the pump shuts off. well any way I have a fuel pressure gauge I can have in the car with me so I can see what the pressure is really doing under full boost. I hope I find something wrong.

I think you are going to have to drop the tank and swap pumps. I hope I am wrong, but on my cars the holding FP after the car is shut off has been all over the place and my cars run fine. At least you can upgrade to the new pump from the 307 if you drop the tank.

for replacing the pump - you don't have to drop the tank. i know some people don't like cutting up their car but you can make an access door instead of dropping the tank....

LS2 Forums

Dont do that ^^^^ It is more work to take apart the interior, cut the floor, cut the tank, and then reasemble then it is just to do it right. If you have a lift and can take your time it should be no big deal. I did mine and it was all straight forward except for finding a way to drop the tank without bending the neck. I ended up doing it anyway..

Jason

Back