You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

Is the fuel pressure regulator supposed to hold vacuum? I have 2 of Kirban's billet FPR and neither of them hold vacuum.I would think they are supposed to,but not sure,wondering if these FPR are any good.Thanks,ikle.:confused:

Is the fuel pressure regulator supposed to hold vacuum? I have 2 of Kirban's billet FPR and neither of them hold vacuum.I would think they are supposed to,but not sure,wondering if these FPR are any good.Thanks,ikle.:confused:

They should hold vacuum.

what do you mean not holding, it will not lower fuel press the same amount as engine vac # meaning if you have 40# at idle with line off and you hook it up it will not lower it the same amount as engine vac#. as long it goes up 1# per boost press

when I hook up a might vac directly to the FPR vac port it bleeds down,fuel pressure is at 43# line off,vac is at 17inHg when I put vac line on fuel pressure drops to 38#.Even if I put fuel pressure to 39#,line off, it only drops to 38# vac line on.So I thought the FPR was going out since it was 6 years old so I purchased another one from Kirban and put vacuum to it and it doesn't hold vac either.Wondering if I should invest in a different make of FPR.Thanks,ikle.

43 to 38 sounds about normal & you say 39 to 38 but I'm not sure how they work after you lower to a certain point? The 17" vac on guage is good. Seems it works fine at 43 & since thats what we generally use it sounds good. Make sure fuel rises 1 lb per lb of boost & if so you should be ok I think.

For a test adjust from 39-40-41-42 etc & see if they all drop to 38 & if you still have the 17" on guage.

I just did a pressure test on the FPR and put it under water and it is leaking at the threads of the adjustment screw.Does any one know how I can seal up the threads and still be able to adjust fuel pressure.The FPR has a nylon washer under the nut which I guess is there to seal the FPR but isn't working to well.I am going to see if I can find a rubber washer to put under the nylon washer to see if it helps,but would like to seal up the threads them self for a worry free seal.Any suggestions would be great.Thanks,ikle.

Good news guy's I got rid of the plastic washer that the regulator came with and replaced it with a neopreme washer and a regular washer I bought from Home Depot, that took care of the leak at the adjustment screw.I put the regulator back under water and to my surprise it was leaking at 2 of the screws that hold the 2 billet pieces together,a little thread sealer on all of the screws threads took care of it.Now it holds vacuum,and again thanks for all the replies,ikle.

Back