You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pressure Setting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBO2

I see a lot of chips that have a suggested fuel pressure setting. What part of the chip controls this? :confused:

TURBO2 said:
I see a lot of chips that have a suggested fuel pressure setting. What part of the chip controls this? :confused:

No fuel pressure control is provided by chip. It is the recommended setting.
Most suggest 43-43.5# Vac. Off. Minor adjustments up or down may be made to fine tune.

Joe

brockblackz28 said:
what doe vac off mean?? :confused:

It means when you set the fuel pressure the vacuum line should be remove from the top of the Fuel pressure regulator. It should be re-installed after setting. :rolleyes:

No matter what chip I run I have to keep the Fuel Pressure at about 28# static. The higher I go the worse my throttle response gets and I end up with black smoke coming out the tail pipes if I rev it up. :confused:

That sounds like your injectors are bigger than your chips think they are. What injectors are you running, and what do the chips say?

I'm running the Motron 60# injetors. The chips I have are for 60#. I've experimented a little with taking the chips and changing only the Injector size. I've changed it from 55 up to 65 and I have not noticed much of a difference.

Back