You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pressure?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iwantatta

I just recently checked the fuel pressure on my car after installing my TT 91 octane chip. Everything seems to be running okay, but i measured 46psi with the vacuum line off. I believe the injectors are stock along with the regulator.

Maybe i don't understand how things work, but with a stock fuel regulator i thought it would be fixed at 43psi. So can anybody explain how that works? How is the fuel controlled? Through the chip, fuel regulator, and injectors? Thanks for any info guys.

Most chips are calibrated to expect fuel pressure in 43.5psi to 45psi range, but they don't actually control the fuel pressure. The fuel pressure regulator actually controls it, and a stock TTA '237' regulator is typically in the 37psi to 43 psi range if I remember correctly. If your regulator is giving you 46psi, it could be a slighly out of spec piece (meaning nothing is really wrong it's just a bit off), the regulator could be bent or damaged, or your fuel pressure gauge could be off. You could also have a restriction or bent line in the return system or the regulator. Make sure you don't have a problem other than the fuel pressure being off a little bit, and then get an adjustable billet regulator if it bothers you.

Thanks. I haven't seen anything obviously bent on the regulator and the Fuel Pressure Gauge i just bought from Kragens. It's made by Innova.

I may try looking for bent lines in the return system.

I've also been looking at getting an adjustable regulator. Just trying to fix the small kinks before changing too many things at once.

233 regulator is 37 PSI
237 regulator is 45 PSI

Your guage may be off a 1 lb.

Thanks Razor. I'm just trying to get everything running good before putting your alchy kit in. It's been sitting in the closet for a few months.

Can i conclude that my injectors are still good?

Back