You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pump/ECM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

You probably found your culprit then. Sounds like theres a break in the orange ECM wire thats giving you an intermittent connection to the ECM every time you move it around to disconnect/reconnect it. No ECM power = no fuel pump power.

With key on, engine off the SES light should blink and then stay on...if it doesn't there's no power to the ECM. Try jiggling the wire around (with key on, eng off) and see if the pump comes on.

When I first bought my car, the orange ECM wire was taped in place to the fender so it would not move around...it was broken internally and the previous owner found the "sweet spot" for it to work.
Ok....I'm not sure if the orange ECM wire is the culprit....I turned the key on and SES light comes on (no blink)....so I think the ECM may be getting power. I also notice the fuel pump relay clicks when I turn the key on. I had a friend turn the key on and I felt the fuel pump relay click. Instead of disconnecting the orange ECM wire this time I turned the key on and off pausing a few seconds in between....then I finally heard the fuel pump come on and see the gaugae show 43 psi.....

You'll want to make sure the Hot Wire relay is coming on also.
Were is it located?
The Hot wire relay is located near the gas tank. I have also replaced it with a new unit...I'm starting to think I may have a ground issue...any idea where fuel pump grounds are located

The Hot wire relay is located near the gas tank. I have also replaced it with a new unit...I'm starting to think I may have a ground issue...any idea where fuel pump grounds are located

In the back of the trunk drivers side down in the well. The grounding wire is connected right near the wire bundle. Black with white stripe.

I forgot that you said you installed all of this to fix an already existing problem,so you'll need a volt meeter to verify that the relay is receiving voltage and sending it out.

The pink and black wire that connects to terminal D on the relay socket is were voltage is supplied to the relay. It should have constant voltage while the key is on.
When the relay clicks you should then see voltage on terminal B tan and white.
The fact that the relay clicks every time means there is nothing wrong with your ECM.
The ground in the trunk is another possibility.
If the supply voltage doesn't go through the first relay it won't activate the Hot Wire relay so having someone at the back of the car to check that relay at the same time you are checking the other one would help to diagnose this if you don't have a Volt meeter.

It should either be the ground or the supply voltage that's supposed to be coming from the car's relay.

Back