You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pump install question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oc192

OK, I am going to install my new sender, pump, gas tank, and hotwire kit over the weekend. When I have the ractronix in tank wire harness connected to the pump and sender, is it safe to apoply 12v to see if the pump comes on? Or do I need to install the tank, add gas, try it, if it fails remove everything etc etc?

Thanks
Don

fuel pump install

just did my tta 2 times look at lines hooked mine up backwards and blew the sender ... hook sender up only and check on pump install in tank with gas is what i did check for leaks , its alot better the second time , lol good luck , and mine is running sooo much better .......:D

If you hook up everything to the harness, you can use the fuel pump test lead under the hood to BRIEFLY check if the pump runs. I say briefly because the fuel cools the pump as well as prevents the gears from grinding themselves into oblivion. I do this as a test before I actually put the pump in the tank and button everything back up.

Thanks guys, gave it some quick juice and the pump came on....looks like it is wired correctly.

Back