Fuel pump runs continuosly

4 years ago I was forced to store my GN. I'm running 2 bosh external fuel pumps with the second on a hobs switch. Just before I put her in storage, pump #1 went out so I wired pump #2 direct to alternator on a fused line. Ran just fine (no track-street only). I recently broke her back out. The fuel tank was trashed, I removed it and the fuel rail, blew out the lines, had the injectors cleaned/flowed, put in a new tank, sending unit, fuel filters, and reinstalled the injectors and rail. When I connected power and turned key to on, I got no fuel prime. Weird thing is that pump #1 was clicking, but would not prime as it is out. The fuel pump relay did click when ignition was turned to on position. I fully expected pump #2 to prime as I had it wired to work being that pump #1 was out. I have no idea why this is happening. I disconnected the power line from pump 2 at the back of alternator, disconnected the line from pump 1 at the hobs switch, connected it to the fused line at alternator, and connected the battery. Now pump 2 runs and wont stop.. continuously.. with no key in ignition. When I tried to start her up, everything went dead. No crank, no pump operation. When I disconnected power to the pump and tried to crank, the motor did turn over.
Has anyone run into this, anything like it, or know how I can get it right? Weather is cooling down and I'd love to blast it down the track soon. Thank you VERY much in advance for you help!
I'll post progress pic's soon!

The back post of the alternator is hot continuously if the battery is connected. I think you have a bad ground somewhere. But since it sounds like a homemade arrangement, might I invite you to check out this: http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuelsystem/hotwire.html . You can make a correct hot wire for your pump. This is for one pump. You could pigtail another hot wire to a second pump and trigger it with your hobbs switch. Or you could buy a kit from racetronix and life would be simple.

I think you just need to start over but this time follow a proven procedure that everyone can identify with.

John Thanks for the input. I've got the pumps wired up for 2 pumps "Homemade" as you have described , I'll be ordering the Racetronix kit in the AM and pulling out the old wiring this weekend.

I don't know why the link in my first post isn't working but here it is again: http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuelsystem/hotwire.html

I made mine exactly like this and it has worked great for 12 years. However as I mentioned, Racetronix is an option. They have good products - I have one of their hangers, super nice.

You might send them an email and describe your equipment. They can make nearly anything and could possibly create a plug and play one for your setup.

Best wishes.