You can type here any text you want

Fuel pump sucking air?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87geeinn

Buick and AMG pilot
Take a gander at the vid. Getting some knock at 15+psi. I've had this noise for quite some time now. Did the same thing with the Accufab regulator. Almost sounds like the pump is picking up air and pushing it through the system. Does anyone else's fuel system sound like this? New(er) 255 pump, Racetronix hanger assembly and intermediate wire harness. Relay/hotwire kit checked out fine...getting 12v+. No leaks anywhere.

Take a gander at the vid. Getting some knock at 15+psi. I've had this noise for quite some time now. Did the same thing with the Accufab regulator. Almost sounds like the pump is picking up air and pushing it through the system. Does anyone else's fuel system sound like this? New(er) 255 pump, Racetronix hanger assembly and intermediate wire harness. Relay/hotwire kit checked out fine...getting 12v+. No leaks anywhere.

Typical noise with factory-style regulator. This noise diminishes substantially when a larger return line and fitting is installed on the regulator.

Typical noise with factory-style regulator. This noise diminishes substantially when a larger return line and fitting is installed on the regulator.

Good to know. Gonna record a log and check fuel pressure. Maybe time for a new pump anyhow. I try to change them out at least once every two years as preventative maintenance.

Good to know. Gonna record a log and check fuel pressure. Maybe time for a new pump anyhow. I try to change them out at least once every two years as preventative maintenance.

If your tank is clean and free of moisture changing the pump on a regular basis is a waste of time and money. If it is maintaining pressure under WOT leave it alone.

Back