Fuel Questions

10secvega

Need some ideas on fuel pumps and regulators.I want to run an inline fuel pump.What does everyone run and recomend.The tank already has a sump and 6an line to front of car.I'm installing an 87 Gn motor with slight mods.Would like the car to run mid to low 11's.Thanks for any input.

Fuel

In a Vega to run low 11's a I think the popular Walbro 340 in-tank fuel pump with 6 an feed line, stock GN fuel rail and Accufab adjustable fpr should be more than enough. What does the car weigh?

The car with small block and me in it weigh 3380.Guesing i should lose about a 100 or so pouds going to GN setup.
Really don't want to go with an in the tank pump.An inline would work on my car alot better.

Well either way I'm sure it will be a fast car.
I think you will lose at least 100 lbs if not more.
When I took the LT1 out of my Impala it was so heavy one of the caster wheels broke of my engine lift and the engine almost smashed into a fender.
When I put the Buick motor in it seemed like it weighed half as much.
The front end of my Impala sits about 3 inches higher now with the V6 in place.
I might have to get different coil springs.

The Bosch 204 and 286 pumps are external inline pumps that are rated about 45 gph, a little less than the walbro 340, and are enough to run mid to low 11's with in a full weight GN. I've run a 204 in my car for 9 years now - back then there weren't any good intank pumps. Check the old listings in the parts for sale forum; you see one come up every few months or so and my guess is that they don't sell. Or call Mike Licht at Full Throttle Speed since he used to carry the 204 at Modern Musclecar.

Should i run the stock regulator or go with an aftermarket adjustable one.If so what is a good aftermarket one?

FPR

I bought mine from www.ramchargers.com for $129.
The part number is 013BREG.
This is what I found was popular on this site after doing some searching.
I haven't started my car yet but it looks nice and appears to be a high quality item.