Fuel regulator and filter

Larry

believe one proIblem I had last year was fuel delivery. Fuel correction varied.I had the Wide Band checked by FAST - ok there.. . Im using a canister type fuel filter by Fram ( gave to me by friend who races non-turbo Car - see photo) and adjustable stk style regulator ( see photo) . Volumn and pressure from the Weldon 2015 may be to much for the components Im using? What can you recomend to use as a filter and regulator in these locations ??? :confused: I realize I would need to modify the stk fuel rail - I can handle that. But- I would like to keep the regulator and filter in the same locations. I am changing the return line over from the stk "feed" line to a #6 braided and buying a new battery. Possibly the voltage to the pump was not consistant..I did record the voltage - indicated 14.2 , straght line. However- is it possible the FAST was reading the Voltage from the Alternator and the actual voltage from the battery ( feeding the fuel pump ) was something else? Thanks - Larry

Attachments

• throttle brkt revised.JPG
    throttle brkt revised.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 121
  • fuel pump 2 .JPG
    fuel pump 2 .JPG
    142 KB · Views: 114
Hey Larry ditch the fram 60's classic filter get a sump or fuel cell .I would run a 10 micron stainless inline filter and a 40 micron paper element to feed the rail one #8 will do or a #10 and a #6 return you should be fine .I have the same set up in Roy Garcia tsm car and a buddys stage 2 car a fuel system like that your good for high 8s stock gas tanks with sumps work great but can contaiminate the fuel if not done properly that why i said a fuel cell .Laz

Larry said:
believe one proIblem I had last year was fuel delivery. Fuel correction varied.I had the Wide Band checked by FAST - ok there.. . Im using a canister type fuel filter by Fram ( gave to me by friend who races non-turbo Car - see photo) and adjustable stk style regulator ( see photo) . Volumn and pressure from the Weldon 2015 may be to much for the components Im using? What can you recomend to use as a filter and regulator in these locations ??? :confused: I realize I would need to modify the stk fuel rail - I can handle that. But- I would like to keep the regulator and filter in the same locations. I am changing the return line over from the stk "feed" line to a #6 braided and buying a new battery. Possibly the voltage to the pump was not consistant..I did record the voltage - indicated 14.2 , straght line. However- is it possible the FAST was reading the Voltage from the Alternator and the actual voltage from the battery ( feeding the fuel pump ) was something else? Thanks - Larry

Weldon pump+ weldon regulator and filters= a system designed to work great with matched components. Just my opinion..... :)

laz said:
Hey Larry ditch the fram 60's classic filter get a sump or fuel cell .I would run a 10 micron stainless inline filter and a 40 micron paper element to feed the rail one #8 will do or a #10 and a #6 return you should be fine .I have the same set up in Roy Garcia tsm car and a buddys stage 2 car a fuel system like that your good for high 8s stock gas tanks with sumps work great but can contaiminate the fuel if not done properly that why i said a fuel cell .Laz
Thanks-- Thats good advice...FYI - the tank is a Dummy- the cell is in the wheel well. So- I will not need to many changes..Larry

Big Stu said:
Weldon pump+ weldon regulator and filters= a system designed to work great with matched components. Just my opinion..... :)
I will give them a call tommarrow. I've already talked with Weldon trying to isolate the problem.. The pump is OK.. Thanks Larry