Fuel settings?!?!?

skwatt

I went to the dyno yesterday and was very disappointed. Car just surged at WOT and produced no power. I have talked to a couple of people and they said it was "starving"for fuel. I upped the fuel pressure to 70 pounds and then adjusted the TT chip fuel from 128 all the way to 154 and it got worse (even had a little knock). I then went the opposite direction and have it all the way down to 115. I cannot get a good run out on the streets here (lots o' cops) and the car seems to be running better. It is not surging on top end, but the power still seems to be down (can't tell without a dyno run). There is no knock and I have even taken the boost up to 23. I don't want to go any higher than that because now I seem to be burning some oil through the turbo. Am I going in the right direction? Do I need to adjust the timing at WOT? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am supposed to leave for Pinks All Out on Wednesday and I want to represent the GN community well and right now it is somewhat embarrassing to have so much on the car (check signature) and not getting anywhere near 11.50's. HELP PLEASE.:frown:

TT calls for 43 lbs line off.
If you are starving for fuel, I would get that solved and not by upping fuel pressure.
Is your fuel pump operating properly?
Does fuel pressure go up for each pound of boost?

Agree with the above. Duct tape your fp gauge to the windshield and make sure fp is rising with boost.

TT calls for 43 lbs line off.
If you are starving for fuel, I would get that solved and not by upping fuel pressure.
Is your fuel pump operating properly?
Does fuel pressure go up for each pound of boost?

not sure about the fuel pressure going up during boost. guess i need to put that other fuel pressure guage on the hood. would i still start out at 43 lbs with 60 pound injectors though?

yes 43 is good with 60's

wow. learning curve kicking in for me again. lol. i would have thought you would have started at 60 with the injectors. i will try it. I will probably have a lot of knock now though cuz the boost is steady at 23#'s

wow. learning curve kicking in for me again. lol. i would have thought you would have started at 60 with the injectors. i will try it. I will probably have a lot of knock now though cuz the boost is steady at 23#'s

turn down your boost and run some race gas to be safe or kaboom:biggrin:

well hopefully we get a lot of test and tune on Friday. i will lower the boost and start over with the tune. hope i can get it figured out. thanx guys