You can type here any text you want

Fuel system stuff

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTR

sprayhead
Ok currently I'm feeding one side of the fuel rail from a -8 feed line. Have a BGC intake with the BGC fuel rails and a -8 crossover in the rear. I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to feed both sides of the rail at this point and up? I have 160 lb inj, turned down to about 35 psi fuel press and 145 lb/hr but am seeing low/mid 60's duty cycle on them, so the overall flow is starting to get up there. I guess that's about 550 lbs/hr or so. The pressure is holding steady at wot and 30 psi boost at the end of the rail, near the stock type regulator, but I dunno if there might be some funny dynamic stuff going on at wot. I like to try and keep things simple and stock appearing when I can, but anyone run into any related problems doing something like this? TIA!

TurboTR

Originally posted by TurboTR
Ok currently I'm feeding one side of the fuel rail from a -8 feed line. Have a BGC intake with the BGC fuel rails and a -8 crossover in the rear. I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to feed both sides of the rail at this point and up? I have 160 lb inj, turned down to about 35 psi fuel press and 145 lb/hr but am seeing low/mid 60's duty cycle on them, so the overall flow is starting to get up there. I guess that's about 550 lbs/hr or so. The pressure is holding steady at wot and 30 psi boost at the end of the rail, near the stock type regulator, but I dunno if there might be some funny dynamic stuff going on at wot. I like to try and keep things simple and stock appearing when I can, but anyone run into any related problems doing something like this? TIA!

TurboTR

Hey Todd

I run 2 complete fuel lines from the tank to each side of the fuel rail. I run 45# fuel pressure with the same injectors but not the same boost and my duty cycle is in the high 40's to mid 50% range.

The reason we went with feeding both sides is that on Tweaked
we had that same idea that if you only feed one side on the fuel rail you would get a pultz in the fuel rail (you could see this on the fuel gauge) at low to mid RPM so using this though suspected that the injectors on the other side of the feed could starve for fuel if they hit in the middle of the pultz. Anyway after feeding both sides we could no longer see the pultz on the gauge.

The thinking was that the injector fuel rail could act the same as they use on intake runners when they make the runners so long or with so much volumn to avoid the shock wave from the valves.

We could never seen any changes on the plugs or any other thing that would prove different but we did not want to find out.

Take Care

Run a -10 to a y-block, -8's into each rail, 8's out to a 4 port reg -8 back . WORKED FOR ME

Back