You can type here any text you want

Fueling issues, trying to figure out WHAT is calling for more fuel?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I'll try to list everything but I'm sure I'll leave something out.
I'm on E-85, and I have the following hardware:
Racetronix double pumper w/ Aeromotive 340 pumps and hotwire
-8 feed w/ -6 return
Stock feed rail, Excessive Acceleration fuel pressure reg, and 80lbs injectors
AEM UEGO Wideband, TT 6.1WB chip and Powerlogger
Stock internals on the engine (heads, cam, ect), rest of my stuff is in my sig.
I had a problem with getting the fuel pressure to rise with my boost so I opted to get the Racetronix DP set up and be done. When I finished the install I set the base FP to 43 and went out for a drive with just (1) 340 hooked up (it is a "stock" engine). The fuel pressure would only rise to about 62-62psi instead of the 68psi need for 25lbs of boost. The correction window for WOT fuel maxed out. I came home and hooked up the other 340 to activate on the 15psi hobbs switch (I checked at the install to comfirm both pumps were working) and went out again. At WOT the FP did come up to the 68-70psi I was looking for but towards the end of my run the correction window went back up to 165? I changed the base WOT fuel to 165 and took another run. Everthing looked good in the correction window (+ or - 5 at WOT). The car runs fine, no bogging, stumbling, breaking up BUT it's slower for the parts that I have (best being at 12.30 @ 109mph)?? And why is it asking for so much fuel??? (both pumps AND maxing out the chip!!!) From reading most of the E-85 post a single Aeromotive 340 should be ALL I need at this point to run. I don't believe I am actually throwing all fuel at it the powerlogger say it is or I would probably have fuel running out the exhaust or the car would not run. I know the 6.1 chip gets it's reading off of the WBo2 but what could be throwing it off to ask the chip for more fuel..then not use it? Included is a log of the 12.30 run. Any ideas???

Attachments

I also notice all your low end BLM's are high. Let's make sure you didn't accidentally receive 60lb instead of 80lb injectors. The part# for 80's is 110324 and the tip of the injector is blue. The part# is at the top of the injector and might be partially covered by the fuel rail bung.
Also, could you give me your chip# (same as order#)?

Ok, I assumed you had 80's. That seems to be the right part# for 79's. I almost think I would pull one out and have it flowed, just to make sure it didn't end up with the wrong part#.
Something is way off somewhere. Unless your fuel pressure gauge is reading way too low.

Clr on the flow test, 2 different gauges showed about the same (within a psi or 2). Any other ideas? I switched ECM's to see if something was off in there but it showed the same. If both pumps are going and the car runs, where could the extra fuel be going?? Blowing passed the reg and back down the return line??

After talking with a few others with a set up like mine, this is the "new" normal. Guess we underestimated the amount of E-85 we would use...

Back