Fule rail

JASON

THE ORIGANL FREAKZILLA
i am going to run a 10an line to replace the junk fule line thats on the car now.my question is what size is that where the fule line screws to the fule rail?? is it a 1/2" pipe thread ? if so could i get a 1/2"pipe to 10an adapter?? and also how can i hook it to the fule pump??thanks...

I do not understand why you are concerned with the stock fuel line unless you intend to bump the HP a bunch.....009's(+ 7th) and a single pump are well within capacity....in fact, 75 lbers and double pumps are well within capacity.....until you get to 83lbers at a high duty cycle, you should be fine...if you want to work on fuel lines, do the return line first.....

I just need to know what size thread that is on the rail.and can i buy a adapter to make it 10an??????;)

-10??

Have never seen a -10 to a strait tube nut thread adapter. Most likely you will have to cut the end of the rail off and have a steel -10 fitting either tig'd or silver soldered on. w/ a -10, the fitting will most likely have to be bored to fit over the rail tube. Aeroquip has weld on steel fittings for this purpose. The pt # is 2875.

As for the adaption to the main fuel line, I've not seen an adapter larger than -6 available to do this. They are used by the F body guys to run braided line to the engine.
HTH,

PS: you are wasting your time and money if you are trying to feed this much fuel thru a rail mtd regulator, and WILL have idle problems.:eek:
Further more, the stock lines are the determining factor in system flow control, [as compared to the -10 line at the rail] and the fuel available will not be enhanced, should you not modify the entire system, including the pump, sump, etc.:(

JASON, why do you need to go to all that trouble. Is the stock rail leaking/rusted/broken?

Unless you're prepared to replace the entire system all the way back to the tank, replacing the fittings and rail aren't going to gain you anything.

I had in mind running the -10 line all the way.putting a big fule filter and all on.i already have the pump.i just fell the car is running out of fule at the end if 2ed gear and it has a new atr pump.it was just a thought!

my guess is you are running out of injector, not gas......dunno if 009's and the 7th can put out enough to handle the power you are generating.....your 1/8 mile times would be high 10's and 126 or so in the 1/4......55's minimum for that...in fact, my injectors are near 100% duty cycle at 125 and 23 lbs boost.......

I have to agree with azgn, if you're already running 6.8's at over 100 in the 8th, then your problem isn't fuel rail or fuel line related.

You're likely running out of injector. You would be much better off running 6 injectors properly sized for your performance level, rather than undersized injectors and a 7th. Trying to tune your present setup has to be problematic at best, simply because there's no way to monitor the 7th injector's operating parameters on any scan tools we have. It's a crap shoot at best.
Even if the 7th you have is huge, and running static, you're still under injectored.

Thanks for the input .if i went to say 55s and took off the 7th how would that effect my low end?? and will 55s make the entire 1/4 with no help(7th) and also im about to go with a pt70 turbo will 55s be alright with that turbo as well??? thanks

you may as well go to 72's or 75's....why buy twice? the 55's are maxed on my car at 125

don't forget, with injectors that large, you'll need more fuel pump........a double pumper minimum

rubber fuel lines

We are in the process of replacing my fuel pump(walbro 340), gas tank (it had rust), fuel pressure regulator (putting in adjustable billet aluminum), and the injectors (42.5 lb). We disconnected the fuellines that rub from the gas tank along the chassis only to find out that the insides had rust on them. I was wondering if I could replace the entire underbody fuel line with high pressure rubber hoses. I need to know!!!:confused: