You can type here any text you want

Fun in the canyon with an M5

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Was out carving Trabuco Canyon Rd this AM in the 68 Camaro. Made one trip through at a mild pace and then at the other end, U-turned to go back through...no sooner was I on my way when an M5 was on my butt.

I throttled up a bit and just kept him back there until the first stretch near the camp ground and then I opened it up...not perfectly straight here...but straight enough to get it most of the way through 3rd gear at WOT...by the time I looked back in the mirror, he'd given up and was several lengths back...
OK...point made:p ....I also don't think I can keep up with an M5 in the twisties so I moved right and signaled him to pass while he could...and he did.

As he went by he was signaling me a thumbs up through his sunroof.....and he was off...

Figuring I would not see him again until the other end...I went ahead and tried to at leas keep him in view up ahead...
This road is a sweet spot for 3rd gear in the SS...I just leave it in 3rd and I'm blasting through there between 50-75+mph the whole way...and the M5 is not losing me....he's abuout 300 feet ahead of me and not getting any further...and where I could throttle up between apex's....I did and would close on him a little ....but he'd open back up a little around the turns....all in all...he was not putting any distance on me that he did not gain when I let him pass earlier.:cool:

We finally got to the other end near Cooks Corner and he's fist pumping and thumbs-uping out his sunroof....I have a new fan it appears....I smiled and waived....smiled and waived...;)

Forgot how much fun it is to drive this SS.... :D

Aaaaahg...just noticed I said M5....meant M3...M3....
Bump on the hood....dualy twice-pipes....M3.....

Congrats, sounds like a new M3. They handle great. To have a classic muscle car run right with one is impressive :)

I was curious about it being an M5....they're surprisingly fast in the straights. V10 is nasty.

-Will

Back