You can type here any text you want

Fun w/ the Police...lol.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
Well just got home from a very exciting experience....
I decided to take the car out & go get a drink at the local store. Well, when I pulled in I noticed 2 Police cruisers parked next to one another & just talking through they're windows. Well I go in , buy a Pepsi & proceed to leave the parking lot onto 3 lane one way. I notice one of the Police cruisers pulling out behind me & slowly reeling me in. I'm looking at the speedo making sure I'm definetly going the posted 40 mph. Well the cruiser pulls up right besuide me & the officer on the passenger side gives me a wave(his windows down) & slowly passes me. We come to a 4 way stop sign & I pull up beside them & they proceed to say that the car sure sounds good & if it's a Grand National?I say yes it is & they ask me if I've been to the track lately? I say I'd like to get there soon since I'm not supposed to do it on the street...lol. We both leave the stop sign together & he gets in behind me, so I'm sweating just a little... Well they pull back out on my side & pull back up & he hollars over to me...."You have to get on it just one time"..I was like :eek: & say "You have got to be kidding...lol" They both are like"C'mon & do it...just once" I'm like.."Alright, but I'm only hitting it for sec" & thinking inside please don't hit the lights when I blow past you....lol. Anyways, I start to brake torque it just a little to build a little boost & as soon as he hears me do that he takes off!! Well I hit it & I go by him like he slammed the brakes... :biggrin: I quickly put 5 or so cars on him & then get on the brakes so he don't think I'm going to totally leave him... He gets back up beside me & they've both got sh!t eating grins on their faces & saying how awesome that was!!! I tell them "Be safe & I'll do the same". Then they get back in behind me & I'm thinking here comes the lights, but I turn on the next street & they blow by me, give me a wave & continue on straight!! All I can say is that was really exciting & I'm glad to know that there are some Policeman who can not only do an outstanding job of protecting & serving, but still enjoy seeing the power of the Darkside!!! :cool:

The Darkside :cool:

I think my town needs to recruit some of those police officer's :-) I went to a car meet tonight and had plenty of cops checked out my car on the way their. No thumbs up or anything. Though I did get a random honk from a SUV with 2 older men in it :D

Cool Story.

I'm out at a local club with 2 buddies on our Harleys. We pulled out of there around midnight after having a couple drinks(not drunk..but still...)and just Get On It WaaaaBaaaWaaaaaaaaaa......about a mile down the road we are the first at a red light and I notice a car coming up on us hard. It has that Cop look to it. It Is. :eek: He pulls up next to us in the left turn lane and rolls down his passenger window and proceeds to ask all of us "What Kind of Pipes we were Running"? I tell him what he wants to know. He gives us a thumbs up and turns left. Needless to say..We didn't make a whole lot of noise on the way home.

The Darkside said:
Well just got home from a very exciting experience....
I decided to take the car out & go get a drink at the local store. Well, when I pulled in I noticed 2 Police cruisers parked next to one another & just talking through they're windows. Well I go in , buy a Pepsi & proceed to leave the parking lot onto 3 lane one way. I notice one of the Police cruisers pulling out behind me & slowly reeling me in. I'm looking at the speedo making sure I'm definetly going the posted 40 mph. Well the cruiser pulls up right besuide me & the officer on the passenger side gives me a wave(his windows down) & slowly passes me. We come to a 4 way stop sign & I pull up beside them & they proceed to say that the car sure sounds good & if it's a Grand National?I say yes it is & they ask me if I've been to the track lately? I say I'd like to get there soon since I'm not supposed to do it on the street...lol. We both leave the stop sign together & he gets in behind me, so I'm sweating just a little... Well they pull back out on my side & pull back up & he hollars over to me...."You have to get on it just one time"..I was like :eek: & say "You have got to be kidding...lol" They both are like"C'mon & do it...just once" I'm like.."Alright, but I'm only hitting it for sec" & thinking inside please don't hit the lights when I blow past you....lol. Anyways, I start to brake torque it just a little to build a little boost & as soon as he hears me do that he takes off!! Well I hit it & I go by him like he slammed the brakes... :biggrin: I quickly put 5 or so cars on him & then get on the brakes so he don't think I'm going to totally leave him... He gets back up beside me & they've both got sh!t eating grins on their faces & saying how awesome that was!!! I tell them "Be safe & I'll do the same". Then they get back in behind me & I'm thinking here comes the lights, but I turn on the next street & they blow by me, give me a wave & continue on straight!! All I can say is that was really exciting & I'm glad to know that there are some Policeman who can not only do an outstanding job of protecting & serving, but still enjoy seeing the power of the Darkside!!! :cool:

The Darkside :cool:
Now them boys need to teach the A$$ F@Cks around here (niles + Des Plaines} how to be real cops,,around here they are just ticket happy wearing skirts,,never a real crime so they give tickets--sissies

BandAid said:
Now them boys need to teach the A$$ F@Cks around here (niles + Des Plaines} how to be real cops,,around here they are just ticket happy wearing skirts,,never a real crime so they give tickets--sissies

That's exactly how most people feel about the cops around here as well. God forbid they go stop any real crime.

Be careful a story like that is a touchy subject to some.

I find it amusing that nobody trusts the police. I'm a pretty straight shooter(No pun intended) and for the most part, all in the police profession are the same way. They were just lookin for a break from the same old bs. Chances are u wont be ticketed by those two as long as they recognize ur car. I would drink with those guys and u anyday ;) or morning :eek: .

lol I hear you! I bought my 86 t-type from a police officer in north carolina myself and he was a really cool fellow! Daniel Ray

Brer Rabbit said:
I find it amusing that nobody trusts the police.

I was kind of that way, until I started wheeling my old Jeep with a few cops, and got one for a neighbor when we bought our house in '03. Makes you realize that cops are people too :D.

Cool story that i can relate.about a month ago,i decided to take my gn for a cruise.took it to the park,made some joggin,and decided to go home.Right after i left the park.I noticed an officer letting go a car he just pulled over.When i procedd to pass him by,he pulls me over for no licence plates numbers on the front of the vehicle(g.n logo plates). As i pulled over,i noticed i didnt have insurance,because my wife drop it prior from not driving the car for a while on the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......No excuses needed,i was going to get a ticket.As he gets of his cruiser,he ask me for my d.l and insurance card.I gave him my insurance card,and told him wait for a sec,to dig in my glove compartment for papers(lol, had to give him something atleast...) but then he tells "that nice grand national there buddy,dont worry about it,i know you have to have insurance on a car like that!,you know what don't worry about the licence plate on the front,just get it next time",,,,,cool cop.....he let me slide... :D :cool:

DrkBluT-TyPe said:
I think my town needs to recruit some of those police officer's :-) I went to a car meet tonight and had plenty of cops checked out my car on the way their. No thumbs up or anything. Though I did get a random honk from a SUV with 2 older men in it :D

I believe most cops are regular guys just like us. But then they go through the police academy where some of them are brainwashed into believing that speed limits must be strictly enforced for the safety of society (as opposed to revenue generation) because if you go 1 mph over the speed limit then you are a hazard to yourself and others.

There are quite a few cool cops out there. Hell I even know a couple that own GNs. :cool: From my personal experiences most cops are cool and will cut you a break if youre not a cocky A-hole.

Back